Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:38 am All the Red Tape at the top of 154/Norodom has been removed which implies Phsar Kandal 2 is now a Yellow zone. (I can see from my balcony.

Has Kandal 1 gone Yellow as well? Wakey wakey @timmydownawell
Yes, all of Daun Penh, Chamkarmon and BKK are entirely yellow. So a massive swathe of central PP is good to go.
https://vodenglish.news/more-of-phnom-p ... trictions/
I hate to be a killjoy but go where? The bars and restaurants are still shut, and not even so much as a rumour of when that might change.

A lot of people are eyeing up Kampot and Kep, while they can get there. At least you can get a beer without slinking around or have a swim in the sea. What's PP got that's worth going to right now?
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by theKid »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 am What's PP got that's worth going to right now?
An airport :D

But seriously, with hundreds of infections detected daily in PP, it’s a big risk opening up like that. Worried there will be an exodus to the provinces and a delayed spike in cases there as well.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 am What's PP got that's worth going to right now?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 am
timmydownawell wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:38 am All the Red Tape at the top of 154/Norodom has been removed which implies Phsar Kandal 2 is now a Yellow zone. (I can see from my balcony.

Has Kandal 1 gone Yellow as well? Wakey wakey @timmydownawell
Yes, all of Daun Penh, Chamkarmon and BKK are entirely yellow. So a massive swathe of central PP is good to go.
https://vodenglish.news/more-of-phnom-p ... trictions/
I hate to be a killjoy but go where? The bars and restaurants are still shut, and not even so much as a rumour of when that might change.

A lot of people are eyeing up Kampot and Kep, while they can get there. At least you can get a beer without slinking around or have a swim in the sea. What's PP got that's worth going to right now?
Not even half way through the first day, and I have enjoyed a ride on my bike, took some cat food to the monks, stopped by Lucky, and will head down to my favourite joint in BKK for a swim (and probably some sneaky beers) this arvo. I couldn't do any of that until now. OK for those of you fortunate enough to be in yellow but orange was quite limiting. Thankful to have avoided red and I feel for those who are still stuck at home.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:07 am arvo
Damn timmy, you're an Aussie?

You just went down a peg in my book. :mrgreen:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Brody wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 am

I have a piece of paper that says I am. But always a Kiwi at heart. And if anyone asks :lol:
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

So, Mr Brody, where did you think he came from? The UK?
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Artisan »

What an utterly mess these threads have become.
pebbles&nightsky
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:51 am

So, Mr Brody, where did you think he came from? The UK?
Well, he's so warm, amiable and unselfishly helpful........I figured him a Canadian.

Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Brody wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 am
This is exactly what my doctor prescribed to me. Every day one after meal. :D
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic