Curfew News and Updates

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 3473
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1367
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Kammekor »

Here in Ratanakiri two Tampoon villages close to the crater lake have been closed / locked down because there's a suspicion of covid. Khmer are denied entry, only Tampoon can enter but can't leave.
User avatar
atst
Expatriate
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Reputation: 1245
New Zealand

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by atst »

My girls watching YouTube clips of people dancing happily after HE announced lockdown finishing, very emotional , alot of people have had it very hard these past weeks.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
Black night is falling, oh I hate to be alone.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 3997
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 1006

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Dancing?! They'll be pretty disappointed if it's not lifted or if/when it's reinstated... Always expect the worst people!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 3066
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1020
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by timmydownawell »

ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

Government Decides To Lift Phnom Penh And Kandal Lockdown
ចេញផ្សាយ ថ្ងៃទី ០៣ ខែ ឧសភា ឆ្នាំ ២០២១
AKP Phnom Penh, May 03, 2021 --

The lockdown of Phnom Penh capital and Takhmao town of Kandal province was lifted by a new decision of the Royal Government made public this evening.

The lockdown termination will come into effect from May 6 onwards, pointed out the same source.

The government charged the Phnom Penh municipal administration and Kandal provincial administration to take lockdown measures of some parts of their respective geographical areas as well as other necessary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, based on the transmission developments and in line with the sub-decrees on administrative and health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe, dangerous and contagious diseases.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
User avatar
xandreu
Expatriate
Posts: 972
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am
Reputation: 896
Great Britain

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by xandreu »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.
My friends in red zones all tell me how easy it is to get around them as well as in and out of them. There is little to no enforcement of the 'stay at home' rule and not all barricades are enforced with the same level of security measures.
User avatar
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 2795
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 1618
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Arget »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

--



The government charged the Phnom Penh municipal administration and Kandal provincial administration to take lockdown measures of some parts of their respective geographical areas as well as other necessary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, based on the transmission developments and in line with the sub-decrees on administrative and health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe, dangerous and contagious diseases.
The government has said they will lift the bans BUT they have put the onus onto provincial administration to implement lockdowns if required. Just means they have passed the buck and said "see we lifted the lockdown. Not our fault ."
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 3066
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1020
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by timmydownawell »

Arget wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

--



The government charged the Phnom Penh municipal administration and Kandal provincial administration to take lockdown measures of some parts of their respective geographical areas as well as other necessary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, based on the transmission developments and in line with the sub-decrees on administrative and health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe, dangerous and contagious diseases.
The government has said they will lift the bans BUT they have put the onus onto provincial administration to implement lockdowns if required. Just means they have passed the buck and said "see we lifted the lockdown. Not our fault ."
Yeah exactly (just like in Australia) they can take the credit if it's successful and blame the states/city if it fails.Anyway I have posted in the news thread the KT story. PP City Hall will maintain the red/orange/yellow system so in reality almost nothing has changed.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 4632
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 4095
Location: PHNOM PENH !!!!!
Great Britain

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 am
Arget wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

--



The government charged the Phnom Penh municipal administration and Kandal provincial administration to take lockdown measures of some parts of their respective geographical areas as well as other necessary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, based on the transmission developments and in line with the sub-decrees on administrative and health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe, dangerous and contagious diseases.
The government has said they will lift the bans BUT they have put the onus onto provincial administration to implement lockdowns if required. Just means they have passed the buck and said "see we lifted the lockdown. Not our fault ."
Yeah exactly (just like in Australia) they can take the credit if it's successful and blame the states/city if it fails.Anyway I have posted in the news thread the KT story. PP City Hall will maintain the red/orange/yellow system so in reality almost nothing has changed.
Well, it depends if City Hall decides to do some downgrading from orange to yellow. It was City Hall that made the designations in the first place iirc, so it's always been their call.

Living in a yellow zone (by the skin of my teeth) I have complete freedom of movement so nothing will change, including nowhere to go and nothing to do. Until they open the bars and restaurants, nothing is going to improve and the hospitality owners and staff and going to continue their slide towards disaster.
User avatar
cautious colin
Expatriate
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 am
Reputation: 283
Great Britain

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by cautious colin »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 am PP City Hall will maintain the red/orange/yellow system so in reality almost nothing has changed.
Helps people who are stuck in the wrong province. I know of a few that either stuck in the sticks and can't get into PP or stuck in PP and haven't been able to get back.

Will help businesses get going again that need deliveries from outside PP, such as construction, food supplies etc

It's not just hospitality that are struggling, if it means this will help even a small amount of people then great.

I think this step makes complete sense,
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 3066
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1020
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 am
Arget wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

--



The government charged the Phnom Penh municipal administration and Kandal provincial administration to take lockdown measures of some parts of their respective geographical areas as well as other necessary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, based on the transmission developments and in line with the sub-decrees on administrative and health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe, dangerous and contagious diseases.
The government has said they will lift the bans BUT they have put the onus onto provincial administration to implement lockdowns if required. Just means they have passed the buck and said "see we lifted the lockdown. Not our fault ."
Yeah exactly (just like in Australia) they can take the credit if it's successful and blame the states/city if it fails.Anyway I have posted in the news thread the KT story. PP City Hall will maintain the red/orange/yellow system so in reality almost nothing has changed.
Well, it depends if City Hall decides to do some downgrading from orange to yellow. It was City Hall that made the designations in the first place, so it's always been their call.

Living in a yellow zone (but the skin of my teeth) I have complete freedom of movement so nothing will change, including nowhere to go and nothing to do. Until they open the bars and restaurants, nothing is going to improve.
It would be very helpful if they listed Sangkat totals. Having to scan through the list of cases and count them is a pain. Suffice to say that Phsar Chas and Phsar Kandal 1 both had one each in the latest list. In my gut I feel that Phsar Chas and Kandal 2 will go yellow, while Kandal 1 will stay orange, but we will find out probably tomorrow afternoon/evening.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apopheniac, Bong Kri, bunfuntamun, cautious colin, Google [Bot], lipservice, Pseudonomdeplume, SEAdude, theKid, xandreu and 604 guests