Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Kammekor »

Here in Ratanakiri two Tampoon villages close to the crater lake have been closed / locked down because there's a suspicion of covid. Khmer are denied entry, only Tampoon can enter but can't leave.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

My girls watching YouTube clips of people dancing happily after HE announced lockdown finishing, very emotional , alot of people have had it very hard these past weeks.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Dancing?! They'll be pretty disappointed if it's not lifted or if/when it's reinstated... Always expect the worst people!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

Government Decides To Lift Phnom Penh And Kandal Lockdown
ចេញផ្សាយ ថ្ងៃទី ០៣ ខែ ឧសភា ឆ្នាំ ២០២១
AKP Phnom Penh, May 03, 2021 --

The lockdown of Phnom Penh capital and Takhmao town of Kandal province was lifted by a new decision of the Royal Government made public this evening.

The lockdown termination will come into effect from May 6 onwards, pointed out the same source.

The government charged the Phnom Penh municipal administration and Kandal provincial administration to take lockdown measures of some parts of their respective geographical areas as well as other necessary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, based on the transmission developments and in line with the sub-decrees on administrative and health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe, dangerous and contagious diseases.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.
My friends in red zones all tell me how easy it is to get around them as well as in and out of them. There is little to no enforcement of the 'stay at home' rule and not all barricades are enforced with the same level of security measures.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

--

The government charged the Phnom Penh municipal administration and Kandal provincial administration to take lockdown measures of some parts of their respective geographical areas as well as other necessary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, based on the transmission developments and in line with the sub-decrees on administrative and health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe, dangerous and contagious diseases.
The government has said they will lift the bans BUT they have put the onus onto provincial administration to implement lockdowns if required. Just means they have passed the buck and said "see we lifted the lockdown. Not our fault ."
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Arget wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 am ok it is official. "some parts". Anyone in red zones is likely to be disappointed.

--

The government has said they will lift the bans BUT they have put the onus onto provincial administration to implement lockdowns if required. Just means they have passed the buck and said "see we lifted the lockdown. Not our fault ."
Yeah exactly (just like in Australia) they can take the credit if it's successful and blame the states/city if it fails.Anyway I have posted in the news thread the KT story. PP City Hall will maintain the red/orange/yellow system so in reality almost nothing has changed.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 am

--

Yeah exactly (just like in Australia) they can take the credit if it's successful and blame the states/city if it fails.Anyway I have posted in the news thread the KT story. PP City Hall will maintain the red/orange/yellow system so in reality almost nothing has changed.
Well, it depends if City Hall decides to do some downgrading from orange to yellow. It was City Hall that made the designations in the first place iirc, so it's always been their call.

Living in a yellow zone (by the skin of my teeth) I have complete freedom of movement so nothing will change, including nowhere to go and nothing to do. Until they open the bars and restaurants, nothing is going to improve and the hospitality owners and staff and going to continue their slide towards disaster.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 am PP City Hall will maintain the red/orange/yellow system so in reality almost nothing has changed.
Helps people who are stuck in the wrong province. I know of a few that either stuck in the sticks and can't get into PP or stuck in PP and haven't been able to get back.

Will help businesses get going again that need deliveries from outside PP, such as construction, food supplies etc

It's not just hospitality that are struggling, if it means this will help even a small amount of people then great.

I think this step makes complete sense,
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 am

--

Well, it depends if City Hall decides to do some downgrading from orange to yellow. It was City Hall that made the designations in the first place, so it's always been their call.

Living in a yellow zone (but the skin of my teeth) I have complete freedom of movement so nothing will change, including nowhere to go and nothing to do. Until they open the bars and restaurants, nothing is going to improve.
It would be very helpful if they listed Sangkat totals. Having to scan through the list of cases and count them is a pain. Suffice to say that Phsar Chas and Phsar Kandal 1 both had one each in the latest list. In my gut I feel that Phsar Chas and Kandal 2 will go yellow, while Kandal 1 will stay orange, but we will find out probably tomorrow afternoon/evening.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic