Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by John Bingham »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:05 pm Thought this thread was going to be about the curfew in Phnom Penh when I opened it
It will be. I'm on my way from Riverside to a hangout nearer my neighborhood right now. The traffic has been a bit crazy over the last couple of days with the rushing to get home on time.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:28 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:05 pm Thought this thread was going to be about the curfew in Phnom Penh when I opened it
It will be. I'm on my way from Riverside to a hangout nearer my neighborhood right now. The traffic has been a bit crazy over the last couple of days with the rushing to get home on time.
May I ask John and others, when you reach the hangouts nearer to your neighbourhood or even your safe haven of the area of the surroundings of your home, what is the situation there. Would you say that in general the covid19 rules made by government and policed by authorities are upheld. I find that around my safe haven, right outside the doorstep the children of the apartments play daily, un-masked and mostly un-supervised by parents. The parents seem to be to busy entertaining has normal, without masks nor distancing food and drink flowing until around 10pm, then guests will disperse until tomorrow.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

No, I just stopped off somewhere for a couple, I'll be back in my neighborhood before 8.00, the beer shop next door will be closing then and there will be nothing open nearby afterwards.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ha! I spoke a bit too soon, when I got to my neighborhood I chatted to the women from the beer shop, there was a surprisingly big party going on at the hairdressers (dodgy looking bunch with bad plastic surgery jobs), who hang out with the tattoo shop guys a few doors down. The beer shop crowd are cool, 3 sisters who are all quite attractive but only one is single, so I complimented her on her new hairdo. They are all in their 30s. Anyway, some big fight erupted between the hairdressers and tattoo folks, all sorts of drama and shouting, seems to have calmed down now but I can still hear shouting. Actually they are fighting again now! 8)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

If you don't understand Khmer to good it may have been nothing, anyway having a covid party in guesthouse alone with the missus make the most of it, and the missus don't drink lucky me.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

That was the idea...
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

:please:
Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:39 am
That was the idea...
Once you've been here a while you realize most of these guys wives wont let them leave the house so this is their entire social life.at least they don't have to worry about a curfew
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:52 pm :please:
That was the idea...
Once you've been here a while you realize most of these guys wives wont let them leave the house so this is their entire social life.at least they don't have to worry about a curfew
On the flipside, Mrs Cargo said the other day she saw posts on FB from khmer wives saying the curfew is a good thing coz it stops their husbands going out.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:52 pm :please:
That was the idea...
On the flipside, Mrs Cargo said the other day she saw posts on FB from khmer wives saying the curfew is a good thing coz it stops their husbands going out.
And it will give the concrete road dividers a well deserved break, too.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

atst wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:32 pm If you don't understand Khmer to good it may have been nothing...
You don't have to understand any language to figure out what shouting, screaming, people dragging each other around the street and things getting smashed means... 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic