CEO Meetup and Drinks, Dragon included. 4/23/15

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

CEO Meetup and Drinks, Dragon included. 4/23/15

Post by OrangeDragon »

So it's official (finally)... plane tickets are bought, vacation time approved. I'll be back in the Kingdom for a week at the end of April. It's also my birthday week (39, but I have 3 broken ribs that will still be tender so no spankings... no matter how cute you are), and the anniversary of my first ever trip to Cambodia. So... April 23, 2015 will be a night to come, meet your favorite (or least favorite) posters, get pissed (or not), and celebrate.

I have yet to settle on a venue for the first part of the night and am open to suggestions (does JM still run garage?), but would like to finish things up at Angry Birds Bar. At each selected bar I will put up for an appropriate amount of beverages, thinking 1 keg and 3 bottles worth of cocktails at each bar on the CEO tab... here's the catch, to get these free libations you'll have to be wearing a name badge with your actual screen name on it. We'll have a tablet and make you log in to verify if we doubt you :-P
We show up, drink till our tab runs dry, move on to the next one. Once those run out, we're free to roam and every man/woman for their self.

Its not really a "meet up" if people are hiding who they are online and just there for the free booze.

I'm thinking the meeting up starts around 7:30, since I'm a dick and picking a week night (I fly out saturday morning and am spending the last evening in town with my wife, not with you lot) and several of you have day jobs. This will give you time to come early, hang out, then get home for some sleep.

For those who know me in real life and would like to join, I will also be having a bit of a b-day dinner with friends and family that night at BBQ Party before heading out for drinks, PM me for details.

[UPDATE: Starting at Quealy's bar, then moving on to Angry Birds. Just got a message from Jess approving us taking over her fine establishment for a couple of hours.]
BOFH
Expatriate

Re: CEO Meetup and Drinks, Dragon included. 4/23/15

Post by BOFH »

I'll be there if I'm in town. Am happy to give my drinks to somebody else. Will accept any soft drink though :-)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'll be there (in spirit)!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Playboy
Lord Gayboy
Great Britain

Post by Playboy »

7:30PM - why such a late start ???
Actively seeking Thai Ladyboys to sexually dominate me. Please inquire within.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ Why is it that everytime I see that avatar, I read the post with a deep, husky, effeminite voice?

Re this meetup. If you have more than one handle, can you have proportionately more to drink? :beer1:

[Just thinking about Francis and co.]
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Username Taken wrote:^^^ Why is it that everytime I see that avatar, I read the post with a deep, husky, effeminite voice?

Re this meetup. If you have more than one handle, can you have proportionately more to drink? :beer1:

[Just thinking about Francis and co.]
I think, since we're not limiting drinks per person, that would be impressive... to be able to increase one's consumption rate simply based on the amount of screen names you use.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I should have been back in Cambo a couple weeks ago but am stuck in Europe for paperwork reasons, plus just got news I am having a tax audit on that very day. It pisses me off no end but no real choice in the matter if I want to keep a shirt on my back. We'll be with you guys in spirit, like the General.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Damnit, I was hoping to meet with you on other things while I was back as well... clearly you and your missus are going to have to fly to America now to make it up. ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic