Friends No More; Buddy Runs Off with Ganzberg Ringpull Winner !

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Friends No More; Buddy Runs Off with Ganzberg Ringpull Winner !

Post by atst »

I can image there are discussions, arguments going on all over the county about this dilemma.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Pedrazo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 pm What if it happened at a big wedding?

Does the lucky wedding guest get to keep the winning pull tab or does the wedding host get it?

What if the guest had given a cash donation of $100 - $200?
It doesn't. Weddings generally don't have ringpulls with prices, but series without.
Last edited by Kammekor on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:27 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:45 am When I drink at my friend's house, the pulls end up on the table for him. When we drink at my house the pulls end up on the table for me. It's common practice. The friend is being an a$$hole.
thats easy said when only a can of free beer is being won.
Highest I've seen on the table so far was a case of beer. On my table.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

The Motodop has possession of the ring pull. That puts him in the catbirds seat. Without that ring being turned in, nobody gets nothin. If the shit hits the fan he could simply throw it away. The ultimate bargaining chip.
Last edited by Stiliko on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

But who holds the can?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I once fell out with my beer sellers when I won a Cambodia motorbike helmet. They got pissed off because they seemed to think that they should have got the hemet or the equivalent in cash. Thinking back, I should have given them some cash for being such lucky beer sellers.
After that, it was, "sorry, only Angkor Beer". Oh well, change beer shop, problem solved.
Pedrazo
Expatriate

Post by Pedrazo »

Woody wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:40 pm But who holds the can?
Very good question. For large prizes don't they require you to present the can too, because it has a verification code inside it?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Pedrazo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:38 pm
Very good question. For large prizes don't they require you to present the can too, because it has a verification code inside it?
That's the question of the year.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Apparently, but when I won $1000 on a Cambodia ring pull a few years ago I brought the can but they didn't even ask for it. I'm not sure if there is any verification code, they just don't want anyone stamping out their own ring pulls from the others on the inside of the can.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Apparently, but when I won $1000 on a Cambodia ring pull a few years ago I brought the can but they didn't even ask for it. I'm not sure if there is any verification code, they just don't want anyone stamping out their own ring pulls from the others on the inside of the can.
The shop I bought it in told everyone in the neighborhood about it so when I came by the next evening the tire fixer meth head next door with his friends had spent all day drinking Cambodia cans and drank them out. They were really pissed of winning jack shit so threw all their empty cans across into the winner shop's forecourt. The tire fixer was an absolute twat anyway.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic