Where can you get a covid test in PP?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Where can you get a covid test in PP?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The recent story of the shutting down of the Kiwi Minimart on st 5/110 on another thread, made me think it's starting to get close to home and highlighted it's been a week since an infected person went in there. Another poster suggested anyone who went there in the interim might want to get tested..

I haven't been in that minimart so no need for me personally to get tested but I thought this event is likely to be repeated and some may want to know where to go for a test in the future.

Sorry, if the locations have already been posted elsewhere but I just don't recall... There are topics on where to get a test for the purposes of flying out of the country and getting a certificate but is it the same locations or different for those living here wanting a test for other purposes?

Also, I know some may say, don't get tested coz you may (will?) be sent to quarantine if found positive..but nevertheless, some may still want to protect themselves and others they come into contact with..
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Re: Where can you get a covid test in PP?

Post by Jack.R. »

Call the phone number everywhere on every building they have people speaking english. They will tell you the nearest place. Otherwise go to Russian hospital.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

I spoke to someone the other day who tried to get tested but couldn't (Khmer)

Went to Calmette and Khmer Soviet, had no symptoms so was not tested (she had symptoms previously but was feeling better when she went). Not sure how common this is.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

cautious colin wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:29 pm I spoke to someone the other day who tried to get tested but couldn't (Khmer)
Went to Calmette and Khmer Soviet, had no symptoms so was not tested (she had symptoms previously but was feeling better when she went). Not sure how common this is.
That's how it was in the UK for the first two months of the pandemic, so hardly surprising.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

- Chak Angre Health Centre
- Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital
- Bak Touk High School
- Boueng Trabek High School
- Olympic Stadium
- (I'm certain there are more)

If outside of PP, then go to the Provincial Referral Hospital.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:32 pm The recent story of the shutting down of the Kiwi Minimart on st 5/110 on another thread, made me think it's starting to get close to home and highlighted it's been a week since an infected person went in there. Another poster suggested anyone who went there in the interim might want to get tested..

I haven't been in that minimart so no need for me personally to get tested but I thought this event is likely to be repeated and some may want to know where to go for a test in the future.

Sorry, if the locations have already been posted elsewhere but I just don't recall... There are topics on where to get a test for the purposes of flying out of the country and getting a certificate but is it the same locations or different for those living here wanting a test for other purposes?

Also, I know some may say, don't get tested coz you may (will?) be sent to quarantine if found positive..but nevertheless, some may still want to protect themselves and others they come into contact with..
And you never know who you have bumped into who has been in there. Its just impossible
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

atst wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:31 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:32 pm The recent story of the shutting down of the Kiwi Minimart on st 5/110 on another thread, made me think it's starting to get close to home and highlighted it's been a week since an infected person went in there. Another poster suggested anyone who went there in the interim might want to get tested..

And you never know who you have bumped into who has been in there. Its just impossible
If you take a moto, the drivers sometimes cough while driving, and YOU are sitting behind them. In my case it happens quite frequently. Maybe the bad air? Smoke too much?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic