Which will be higher

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Which will be higher

Post by Duncan »

With the Khmer New Year coming up soon , I am wondering which will be higher this time around. The piles of garbage in the streets or the smell.
This year I'm doing what the locals do best, getting out of town.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Which will be higher

Post by Samouth »

Khmer New Year is unlike water festival which a lot of people from the province come to the city to see the boat racing and wandering the city. Most of people in phnom penh will go to their home town or other places during khmer new year. City is gonna become so quiet.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Samouth wrote:Khmer New Year is unlike water festival which a lot of people from the province come to the city to see the boat racing and wandering the city. Most of people in phnom penh will go to their home town or other places during khmer new year
. City is gonna become so quiet.

Except for blocking off the street by me and placing big loud speakers, pointed in my direction, then playing music until well into the early morning while kids from 2 years old to 20 years old '' dance '' and the Cambodian man on the mic says,, HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, ONE, TWO, THREE, ONE TWO THREE. MOY, BPEE, BAY, HELLO, HELLO, HELLO.

Been there, done that, Samouth,, Enjoy your quiet city cause I'm not hanging around.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Duncan wrote:
Samouth wrote:Khmer New Year is unlike water festival which a lot of people from the province come to the city to see the boat racing and wandering the city. Most of people in phnom penh will go to their home town or other places during khmer new year
. City is gonna become so quiet.

Except for blocking off the street by me and placing big loud speakers, pointed in my direction, then playing music until well into the early morning while kids from 2 years old to 20 years old '' dance '' and the Cambodian man on the mic says,, HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, ONE, TWO, THREE, ONE TWO THREE. MOY, BPEE, BAY, HELLO, HELLO, HELLO.

Been there, done that, Samouth,, Enjoy your quiet city cause I'm not hanging around.
Why don't do it again this year?

I will have like 9 days off during khmer New years. How come i would stay in this quiet city. lolzz. i am travelling too.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I want to go to Siem Reap this year, but I think it will be crowded. And the town must be so quiet :(
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:I want to go to Siem Reap this year, but I think it will be crowded. And the town must be so quiet :(
At least. you already have a plan for khmer new year. I really don't know what to do with my nine days off. :(

MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

:(
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:I want to go to Siem Reap this year, but I think it will be crowded. And the town must be so quiet :(
At least. you already have a plan for khmer new year. I really don't know what to do with my nine days off. :(
Not really, I just don't like crowded, maybe I had better stay home with my parents in the quiet city while other children go out of the town.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

My fiancee and I are going to Siem Reap. She has family and we both have many friends living there.

I'm going to learn how to ride a big boy motorcycle! (my friends 250 TT-R) I'm excited.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Samouth wrote:
Get a case of beer or a bag of weed and just do.... Nothing. If you work hard, this is the best holiday.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic