news at the moment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

news at the moment

Post by truffledog »

just logging in and seeing the first 4 new posts..maybe there could be some good news in-between?

work is for people who cant find truffles
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: news at the moment

Post by John Bingham »

You should post some good news straight after every bad news story just to even it out. "Woman has no problem on way home", "Boy's kite found after being lost in palm tree for 15 weeks", "Children manage to swim happily in pond and don't drown."
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

My good news are that i found an appropriate gif for such news. It's not much, i know.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

OP, I hear you. It is a particularly difficult time at the moment with the Covid crisis, and the news does seem to reflect that: CEO News does not go looking for gruesome news, but there is a lot of it about, and we are posting Khmer news as it comes in.
On the other hand, this positive news item was posted yesterday and only 54 people read it:
newsworthy/india-offers-scholarships-fo ... 43934.html
Also, many positive CEO News items are posted on other forums such as General Chatter, Business, or Sport.

So, what to do about all the bad news ? Ignore it ?
I am moving this thread to General Chatter, where CEO members can give their opinions on the contents of CEO News. We make the decisions, but your input is valued and will be listened to. Please try to be constructive with your criticism and suggestions.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Don't change anything, sign onto any news site and look at the stories. People don't ready/respond to those positive stories at the same level as the negative ones.

Although, I do find the history or archeological type stories interesting. Old photos, that guy Mr B (i think?) with the videos are interesting, although may not promote many conversations.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Plenty of times people back home have asked me “is it safe to live in Cambodia?” and I’ve always replied “sure, as long as you keep your wits about you and are careful”. I might have to start adding “and a man” because it certainly not a safe place for women/girls judging by those reports.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

I wouldn’t mind seeing more business news and the like.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

I would have figured there would be more interest in economic and business news with the uncertain economic and business atmosphere of the times. I understand the interest in violent news and crime, etc. but I think there is lots of important news that affects all people here directly, not that I object to people posting and discussing what they please.
nerdlinger wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:50 am I wouldn’t mind seeing more business news and the like.
Just beat me to it haha
:thumb:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

My cat says no, but i want to help :

Maybe some meth tips ?

"How to deflect attention from your crooked teeth while being interviewed for a job ?"
"Which variety of Kampot pepper to spice-up your meth when cooking ?"
"In which creative ways can i make-up for an overstay fine in my community when negociating with the police ?"
"Monthly updated map of the best Pawnshops"
"Famous mugshot names crosswords"

Now that would increase the clicks while developping a consistant pre-existing segment of readers ! And a way to siphon TOF.
One rock, two hits.
Then if too crowded, maybe start an independent publication, could call it the "Methly Digest" ?

Whatever the outcome, let's keep positivitismoptimisticism in mind, as dope rhymes well with hope.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:49 am OP, I hear you. It is a particularly difficult time at the moment with the Covid crisis, and the news does seem to reflect that: CEO News does not go looking for gruesome news, but there is a lot of it about, and we are posting Khmer news as it comes in.
On the other hand, this positive news item was posted yesterday and only 54 people read it:
newsworthy/india-offers-scholarships-fo ... 43934.html
Also, many positive CEO News items are posted on other forums such as General Chatter, Business, or Sport.

So, what to do about all the bad news ? Ignore it ?
I am moving this thread to General Chatter, where CEO members can give their opinions on the contents of CEO News. We make the decisions, but your input is valued and will be listened to. Please try to be constructive with your criticism and suggestions.
and only 54 people read it

That's funny, but not surprising.

If it bleeds, it leads.

Carry on CEO News, you're doing a first class job.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic