news at the moment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: news at the moment

Post by nerdlinger »

Just posting a note of appreciation for
topic44087.html
Progress and Achievements of TECHO100-Villages Project

That’s the sort of thing I like to see. Potentially useful too for any entrepreneurs on here.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I think I'm going blind, where has the story gone re the French man refusing to go into quarantine
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

DaveG wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:54 am I think I'm going blind, where has the story gone re the French man refusing to go into quarantine
[ 1 ] Check that your face mask is not covering your eyes.

[ 2 ] Give up wanking .

[ 3 ] Last resort
Spoiler:
Sign in to TOF
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cam.O'Dear wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:03 pm
DaveG wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:54 am I think I'm going blind, where has the story gone re the French man refusing to go into quarantine
[ 1 ] Check that your face mask is not covering your eyes.

[ 2 ] Give up wanking .

[ 3 ] Last resort
Spoiler:
Sign in to TOF
Or look here: newsworthy/medical-team-collects-foreig ... 44077.html
It came up with the words "foreigner quarantine" in the search option. Magic.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Shame they took down the video of the police using the fishing net to take down a guy refusing to get tested and go to quarantine.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

John Bingham wrote:
Ong Tay wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:34 am
Cameron_Newbe wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:20 pm Would be nice to read some original stories rather than copy/paste or translated articles without a source. Are there no budding writers about these days?
That "gavinmac" fellow or whatever he goes by here, used to write some interesting original content on TOF - he seems to have a lot of time on his hands, and it was good stuff too, IIRC.
He's hated here so don't say that or you'll be banned.
He could have been a great member of CEO. But he gave into his dark side. He just stirred things up for sake of causing chaos, attacking members, and coming back as socks (puppets) to continue making trouble.

The key word is USED TO. Something happened to him and he snapped for whatever reason. Hope he gets help and returns to sanity.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm Shame they took down the video of the police using the fishing net to take down a guy refusing to get tested and go to quarantine.
Next time you see that can you please save it? I was amazed by the gladiator style weapons employed recently, but at least they aren't shooting anyone in the head.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:17 pm
John Bingham wrote:
Ong Tay wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:34 am
Cameron_Newbe wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:20 pm Would be nice to read some original stories rather than copy/paste or translated articles without a source. Are there no budding writers about these days?
That "gavinmac" fellow or whatever he goes by here, used to write some interesting original content on TOF - he seems to have a lot of time on his hands, and it was good stuff too, IIRC.
He's hated here so don't say that or you'll be banned.
He could have been a great member of CEO. But he gave into his dark side. He just stirred things up for sake of causing chaos, attacking members, and coming back as socks (puppets) to continue making trouble.

The key word is USED TO. Something happened to him and he snapped for whatever reason. Hope he gets help and returns to sanity.
He's fine, he does like to stretch points but he just does that stuff for giggles. I had a big online spat with him recently but I ran into him in person last week and all is fine. Arguing on the internet is amusing, real life is different.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^ I don't think that Gavmac is hated, he just trolled here once too often and derailed a lot of threads so he got called out.
No biggie. Most posters here are capable of posting on both forums without stirring up shit. It's called behaving like an adult.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

kgbagent wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:46 pm I like the news topic a lot - but it could also be expanded to include business, transport, development, more wildlife, cultural etc
Of course. A paid membership has it all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic