Cambodia Entry Requirements

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jeffry Jenkins
Tourist
Cambodia

Cambodia Entry Requirements

Post by Jeffry Jenkins »

I am currently in vietnam and would like to come to cambodia what is the current entry requirements are they still letting foreigners in.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Cambodia Entry Requirements

Post by phuketrichard »

from Thai embassy in Bangkok, Vietnam might, might not be the same

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

First thing you need to do is contact the Cambodian Embassy in Hanoi or the Consulate in Saigon to confirm what their criteria is for issuing the E-type (Ordinary) Visa aka. Business Visa, as without a Visa obtained in advance you are not eligible to travel to Cambodia.

The infographic about entry procedure PhuketRichard posted above is accurate, except that the Forte COVID-19 insurance policy is mandatory now, no other insurance is acceptable, and the PCR test needs to be no more than 72hrs prior to departure, not arrival.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

@PSD-Kiwi
Did the 72 hrs rule change again? I distinctly recall that my PCR test should not be older than 72 hrs before arrival and Singapore airlines had out the calculator when I checked in Europe.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Pizzalover The official policy has always been within 72 hrs of departure from first international embarkation point. The IATA and many airlines misinterpreted the Cambodian Governments directives, even though it was blatantly clear.

It took a while, but the IATA finally got it right, and the airlines followed suit. Fucked up a lot of peoples travel though initially.

I travelled/travel with several copies of all of the official Cambodian Govt and SSCA Notices to argue the case with airlines if needed, and advised others to do the same, and have had no issues.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

@PSD-Kiwi thanks! It took me quite some careful planning and perhaps also a bit of luck as in no delays to meet that requirement.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pizzalover wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:04 am @PSD-Kiwi thanks! It took me quite some careful planning and perhaps also a bit of luck as in no delays to meet that requirement.
I bet it did! Depending on where you're travelling from it would be damn near impossible for many to meet a "no more than 72hrs prior to arrival" timeline...I certainly wouldn't be able to.

For example from when I flew in July last year, I had my test appx 36 hrs prior to my flight, I then had a 33 hr transit in Dubai, then a 22 hr transit in Seoul, add in all the flying time of the 3 flights and that is well over 100 hrs before arrival. Med cert timing was questioned by Emirates when transferring in Dubai, as they had not dealt with anyone flying to Cambodia, showed them all the official directives, which differed from the criteria in their system, eventually a phone call was made to Cambodian Immigration who confirmed that it was indeed "within 72hrs prior to first international embarkation point".

2nd example from November, tested 28hrs prior to flight, flight got cancelled, rebooked for following day, no issues with med cert. Flight from Dubai to Seoul postponed to following day, so ended up with another 33hrs transit...got myself a new PCR test in the airport just to be on the safe side, but used my original med cert at all stages throughout my journey which was well over 100hrs since my test...not once was this questioned.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Quick update regarding Forte Health Insurance. I purchased 1 month plan because wasn't positive of my initial flight date. I just sent them my final itinerary and they actually resent me the Forte Health Insurance and moved the starting date of health insurance to reflect the actual day I arrive.

I was giving my self some wiggle room -- didn't expect Forte to be so customer friendly. I didn't even ask them to change it. They did it on their own
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Pizzalover wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:04 am @PSD-Kiwi thanks! It took me quite some careful planning and perhaps also a bit of luck as in no delays to meet that requirement.
I bet it did! Depending on where you're travelling from it would be damn near impossible for many to meet a "no more than 72hrs prior to arrival" timeline...I certainly wouldn't be able to.

For example from when I flew in July last year, I had my test appx 36 hrs prior to my flight, I then had a 33 hr transit in Dubai, then a 22 hr transit in Seoul, add in all the flying time of the 3 flights and that is well over 100 hrs before arrival. Med cert timing was questioned by Emirates when transferring in Dubai, as they had not dealt with anyone flying to Cambodia, showed them all the official directives, which differed from the criteria in their system, eventually a phone call was made to Cambodian Immigration who confirmed that it was indeed "within 72hrs prior to first international embarkation point".

2nd example from November, tested 28hrs prior to flight, flight got cancelled, rebooked for following day, no issues with med cert. Flight from Dubai to Seoul postponed to following day, so ended up with another 33hrs transit...got myself a new PCR test in the airport just to be on the safe side, but used my original med cert at all stages throughout my journey which was well over 100hrs since my test...not once was this questioned.
Jesus how do you do that, what do you do with all that time transiting?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 am
Jesus how do you do that, what do you do with all that time transiting?
Haha, it's shit...but I usually just go to the lounge and drink free piss, sometimes get myself a bed in the transit hotel if available and not too expensive. Thankfully my last few flights haven't been so bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic