PP bars/restaurants closing early due to Covid - UPDATES

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I was told that Larry's Bar on street 110 was ordered to close by 8pm yesterday, and everyday, until further notice.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't mean to imply anything is amiss at Larry's, it just a place I know that is a genuine restaurant/bar and it seems that 8pm might be a upcoming curfew for such places.

I was in Harry's last night until about 11 and there was no equivalent closing time notice, but I doubt this forbearance will last for long.

Anyone know of similar early closure notices?
EarlthePearl
Tourist
Canada

Re: Larry's ordered shut by 8pm

Post by EarlthePearl »

Thanks. It would be good to get a list of Western oriented bars that are open and closed or restricted.

I tried to go to the Vine on St 172 for lunch and was surprised it was takeaway or delivery only, no dining in. Sundance was closed too.

I went to Harry’s instead which was open. The other big places on riverside like La Croisette and Metro and Olala are still opening.

Hard Rock Cafe is still open, was open last night for 50 cent wing night.

In BKK, Burgershack has been closed for at least two weeks now. The other fast food places close at 10pm now. Score, Boston Pizza, etc. are reliably open.

Shanghai has been closed since Friday I think. Even before that they have not served food for a while. The sandwich place across the street is open.

Box Office on St 244 is open.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I tried to go into Metro last night at 9pm and they were closed.

Oskar on Riverside is still open to 1am. Not to be confused with Oscar on 104 which is now closed I am told.

Harry's on Riverside is open until 10pm, unless there is a crowd in which case they'll probably stay open later.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Burgershack is open for takeaway now.

Botanico & penh 278 still open
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

@clutchcargo

Can we changed the title of this thread? Something like:

Current Bar/Restaurant Opening Times - latest Updates.

It might become a useful resource if you are brave enough to be going out at the moment.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:17 am I was told that Larry's Bar on street 110 was ordered to close by 8pm yesterday, and everyday, until further notice.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't mean to imply anything is amiss at Larry's, it just a place I know that is a genuine restaurant/bar and it seems that 8pm might be a upcoming curfew for such places.

I was in Harry's last night until about 11 and there was no equivalent closing time notice, but I doubt this forbearance will last for long.

Larry's and Harry's fall under different jurisdictions, so different approaches are possible, as crazy as it seems (and is).
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:05 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:17 am I was told that Larry's Bar on street 110 was ordered to close by 8pm yesterday, and everyday, until further notice.

Larry's and Harry's fall under different jurisdictions, so different approaches are possible, as crazy as it seems (and is).
Yes, the manager of Harry's made that exact point last night. But it is quite absurd that Larry's is forced to close at 8pm yet literally just around the corner, Oskar can open until 1am.

I can't see this anomaly lasting for very long.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

St 172 is a bit of a clusterfuck.

I dropped by two places and one told me, take out only, and the other was more than happy to let me dine in.

Though almost all of the restaurants had their shutters pulled nearly all the way shut.

And yet just up the street, a street side Khmer eatery was full of barking mad, shirtless Khmer men sitting on those little stools, gesticulating wildly and having a grand time as they chomped away with wanton abandon, pork gristle flying to and fro from their flapping gobs, like tiny mortar rounds.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Brody wrote:St 172 is a bit of a clusterfuck.

I dropped by two places and one told me, take out only, and the other was more than happy to let me dine in.

Though almost all of the restaurants had their shutters pulled nearly all the way shut.

And yet just up the street, a street side Khmer eatery was full of barking mad, shirtless Khmer men sitting on those little stools, gesticulating wildly and having a grand time as they chomped away with wanton abandon, pork gristle flying to and fro from their flapping gobs, like tiny mortar rounds.
Haha good stuff. Reminded me of this poem.

"they sucketh the bones and dranke the grease"

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:46 am @clutchcargo

Can we changed the title of this thread? Something like:

Current Bar/Restaurant Opening Times - latest Updates.

It might become a useful resource if you are brave enough to be going out at the moment.

a bit snappier @clutchcargo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic