Crystal Meth: Global Pandemic and Kids at Risk

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Crystal Meth: Global Pandemic and Kids at Risk

Post by truffledog »

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:04 am Right.
I really hope this shit doesn't hit europe anytime soon, but this kind of plague spreads with economic troubles, so i'm not too sure about how long before we encounter it....
I guess the coke & crack network wouldn't be amused, and kind-of-firewall it somehow ?
Dunno were you live but meth is available in my small nowhere village of 4000 in the italian countryside. If it has arrived here, it may be available EVERYWHERE in Europe.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Aaaarr shit.
In which proportions, compared to similar products / chemical stuff / instantly or so hooking stuff ?
And the price ? Still cheap for the low income class of addicts ?
Imported or self made ?
The "cook it at home" factor Vs chemicals & tools sourcing tracability...
The railroad silk delivery road Vs containers on boats...
Is it spreading as fast as in other regions ?

Yeah sorry it's a lot of questions... It is a frightening concern, from what i witnessed in Kow.
The funniest was a naked guy, on my early weeks, standing naked in the middle of the road, arms widespread, shooting at me and else like a naked cowboy, with his bare hands. Funny, in the morning. A bit like this one, only....naked.

The not funny ones were pretty upsetting, although dressed.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:30 am Aaaarr shit.
In which proportions, compared to similar products / chemical stuff / instantly or so hooking stuff ?
Imported or self made ?
Almost everywhere in the world Chinese and Mexican export/import sends meth everywhere. It's cheap and factory grade, made in giant labs throughout Southeast Asia, Mexico, and China. A very small proportion of freighter cargo is actually searched and it comes through there mostly. The demand is increasingly high in Asia and Europe as a work and party drug and prices make sophisticated schemes profitable. They travel thousands of kilometers by boat in huge quantities, mostly.
:thumb:
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:29 am
KTabi wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:57 pm If stiff punishment to exporters and users was properly expected and common like in Singapore then most countries would not have a drug issue. The countries that rigorously execute drug traffickers see relatively little drug trafficking in Arabia and Singapore.
I read somewhere that Dutertre's nephew has been involved into importing it, so i would take precautions towards the strategy used by the penalty maker, could be clearing the market for his family's own wealth.
But yeah, not the same punishment as for weed, for sure. I would be really nasty to someone trying to sell it to, say, my kid. A few month's hospital nasty, right quick.
Hopefully never, but if anyone's child is a user why is the dealer the reason someone uses? I think there are probably more than enough users that dealers are not going around trying to initiate users for their first try. Not saying dealers should not be punished but if no users, then no market. Should users get the death penalty for those that think that kind of thing is effective (or ethical)? Weed also? Alcohol? Nicotine?
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

cambo swa wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:39 am Hopefully never, but if anyone's child is a user why is the dealer the reason someone uses? I think there are probably more than enough users that dealers are not going around trying to initiate users for their first try. Not saying dealers should not be punished but if no users, then no market. Should users get the death penalty for those that think that kind of thing is effective (or ethical)? Weed also? Alcohol? Nicotine?
If trying to reduce the amount of drug users then it's best to look at places that have low amounts of drug users, in my opinion. I think that is the only logical way. Arabia and Singapore have low drug use, so does Japan and South Korea. They all have different approaches, the only one in southeast asia is Singapore. Singapore has tight border controls, customs, and death penalty for traffickers. They credit their death penalty with preventing a drug crisis like in most countries.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:30 am Aaaarr shit.
Imported or self made ?
The "cook it at home" factor Vs chemicals & tools sourcing tracability...
The railroad silk delivery road Vs containers on boats...
Is it spreading as fast as in other regions ?
I can vouch for the fact that it is "instant or so hooking stuff." Man was it hard to get off it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

... have low drug use, so does Japan and South Korea.
Ur joking right? otherwise u really dont have a clue :beer3:

getting drugs into Singapore is not difficult,
what keeps drug use low and dealing limited, is the long prison sentences and death penalty if caught
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Talking about the user, it doesn't matter about the price of the drug because the users will find the money to buy the drug somehow.
But there's the thing about Meth it's that of an expensive drug world-wide just like cocaine was some years ago, and having an habit will cost the user. Look at the price per kilogram last reported in Hong Kong $80,000.
Although where it is mostly produced in the golden triangle in this part of the world the drug is so cheap to make that they don't worry about losing a good percentage of it has it will make the money traveling the world.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:23 am Look at the price per kilogram last reported in Hong Kong $80,000.
I have no idea how much it costs here per deal or in bulk but I'd imagine a gram could easily cost $80. Maybe fsdssdds can chime in and tell us how much it costs roughly? 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:39 am
AndyKK wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:23 am Look at the price per kilogram last reported in Hong Kong $80,000.
I have no idea how much it costs here per deal or in bulk but I'd imagine a gram could easily cost $80. Maybe fsdssdds can chime in and tell us how much it costs roughly? 8)
lol yaba is common and that's around a dollar a hit. UN reports said bulk meth in the golden triangle is around 1.5k USD and not that much more on the streets in southeast asia.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-asia ... KKBN1WT1JB
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic