New law on face mask in public ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: New law on face mask in public ?

Post by ExPenhMan »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:20 am
hellomynameis wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:10 am
Can you tell me simply how much virome is in the human body and what is the name of the protein that bines the human protein together..?
No I can't, but I can tell you that we have one less troll on CEO now that we've banned you. :assasin:
Score! I hardly ever touch down on FB any more but I have seen his kind all over the place, spewing the usual trite troll script, always politicizing everything. Now that's a pandemic.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:21 am
Marty wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:42 am
Can you tell me simply how much virome is in the human body and what is the name of the protein that bines the human protein together..?
No I can't, but I can tell you that we have one less troll on CEO now that we've banned you. :assasin:
HAHAHAHAHA. Excellent choice!
I was going to suggest that @Marty you lend that guy your latex underwear to put over his head.

But the General beat me to it.

That was very quick @General Mackevili , was that 'you-know-who's' last incarnation?
Thank you for the vote of confidence, Doc!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Good call General.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

lagrange wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:38 am Police are stopping and handing out fines in SR to people (khmer and barang) not wearing face masks on the street. Saw it happen yesterday at the old market bridge. Remember khmer new year is only a few weeks away, so any excuse for income generating I guess. Wear a damn mask, it wont kill you, its a piece of paper over your mouth and nose, thats all. If you dont want the fine, take them to court. Haha good luck with that.
No mask required unless in confined space where you will be within 1.5m of others, according to the law.

Pics of Siam Reap popo fining people?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

ergosemper wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:53 am Those chronically afflicted with Karenitis or Kevinitis are best advised to stay at home. Playing the tantrum card here is strategically ineffective. Contesting the mandatory face mask law by citing or invoking civil or human rights drivel won't work. Don't do it. You'll be nationally famous overnight.
Kevinitis / Karenitis, didn't heard that before but yeah, the plague
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

New law on face mask in public places, is there a age range in this law, and in particular is there anyone exempt.
What I am meaning by this, exempt from wearing a face mask because of medical reasons. Or young juveniles.

Why I asked this question early in the thread is because out in suburbia life carries on at it's regular pace with very few masks in sight.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Police were stopping people in the streets of Sihanoukville about 2 weeks ago; NOT to fine people for not wearing a mask, but to distribute free masks and encourage the general population to wear them.

Sihanoukville Masks Up - video
post476743.html#p476743
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 pm New law on face mask in public places, is there a age range in this law, and in particular is there anyone exempt.
What I am meaning by this, exempt from wearing a face mask because of medical reasons. Or young juveniles.

Why I asked this question early in the thread is because out in suburbia life carries on at it's regular pace with very few masks in sight.
I’m out in the sticks and my thinking is : when I’m out and about locally i keep my distance from everyone and I’m wearing a mask, because if there is an outbreak in the village and say 20 people are infected, and I was one of them, I’d put my house on me being blamed for infecting everyone else (they’re super friendly but that could be a major game changer). When I go to the local market (usually twice a week) most people know me there but at the moment there are plenty of khmers who on seeing me do a rapid about turn and walk away muttering, bearing in mind, as you say, they don’t all wear masks or bother social distancing. Better to be safe than sorry.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:47 pm
lagrange wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:38 am Police are stopping and handing out fines in SR to people (khmer and barang) not wearing face masks on the street. Saw it happen yesterday at the old market bridge. Remember khmer new year is only a few weeks away, so any excuse for income generating I guess. Wear a damn mask, it wont kill you, its a piece of paper over your mouth and nose, thats all. If you dont want the fine, take them to court. Haha good luck with that.
No mask required unless in confined space where you will be within 1.5m of others, according to the law.

Pics of Siam Reap popo fining people?
------

I don't know if they have begun fining people but I have seen with my own two eyes yesterday the police pulling people over near old market that were not wearing a mask. The past two weeks they have been set up just across the bridge going after folks not wearing helmets and I'd expect this will just be an add-on to those efforts.

IF your going out during the day (up till about 6pm) I'd suggest wearing a mask or staying away from the town center.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:50 pm
ergosemper wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:53 am Those chronically afflicted with Karenitis or Kevinitis are best advised to stay at home. Playing the tantrum card here is strategically ineffective. Contesting the mandatory face mask law by citing or invoking civil or human rights drivel won't work. Don't do it. You'll be nationally famous overnight.
Kevinitis / Karenitis, didn't heard that before but yeah, the plague
The incurable variant is called necrotizing Karenitis.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 0Karenitis

Here is an example of end-stage Karenitis:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic