Covid-19

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Haden
Expatriate
Chile

Covid-19

Post by Haden »

Has a 'healthy' person ever died from covid-19?
By healthy I mean, under say 70 years old, not really fat and with no chronic underlying health issues.?
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Covid-19

Post by jah steu »

Haden wrote:Has a 'healthy' person ever died from covid-19?
By healthy I mean, under say 70 years old, not really fat and with no chronic underlying health issues.?
Yes. But not many compared to the demographic you mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Covid-19

Post by Freightdog »

Haden wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:19 pm Has a 'healthy' person ever died from covid-19?
I’m curious about your question, and it’s motive. The reason being that I think there are (at least) two variations or considerations on this

-under say 70 years old, not really fat and with no chronic or unknownunderlying health issues.
-under say 70 years old, not really fat and with no known chronic underlying health issues.
Last edited by Freightdog on Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

in my area of residence in Italy (area of 2 M people) 96.9% of dead (Covid +) had multiple "underlying health issues". Average age of the dead (Covid +) is 82 at the moment.

source: https://www.regione.marche.it/portals/0 ... e%2018.pdf
work is for people who cant find truffles
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Yes, loads.

Not only that but we still don't know the fullest extent of the life-changing disabilities and "long covid" that can happen to otherwise healthy people in their 30s and 40s. Many stories abound of people who a year later still suffer fatigue, memory problems, breathing difficulty, and a whole raft of other long-term complications.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ong-covid/

Covid is also associated with increased risk of stroke even in younger people; we're likely to keep seeing people die of the complications of coronavirus years after they've ostensibly recovered from it.

https://www.stroke.org.uk/news/does-cor ... 20expected.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

NOPE.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Haden wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:19 pm Has a 'healthy' person ever died from covid-19?
The truth is we do not really know due to suppression of circumstances by the media who report only raw numbers. There have been rare cases of people dying who apparently had no pre-existing conditions and who were not overweight but it is entirely possible that they had an unknown underlying condition. The media like to highlight these cases to maintain fear and sensationalism. On the other hand there have been very elderly people over 100 years old who have recovered from the virus. Even in the elderly demographic the death rate is not more than 14%. The media are only concerned with maintaining the sensation so they suppress all facts that might make the virus less sensational.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

samrong01 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:58 pm The truth is we do not really know due to suppression of circumstances by the media who report only raw numbers. There have been rare cases of people dying who apparently had no pre-existing conditions and who were not overweight but it is entirely possible that they had an unknown underlying condition. The media like to highlight these cases to maintain fear and sensationalism. On the other hand there have been very elderly people over 100 years old who have recovered from the virus. Even in the elderly demographic the death rate is not more than 14%. The media are only concerned with maintaining the sensation so they suppress all facts that might make the virus less sensational.

“The media and governments say there’s been loads but I say there hasn’t.”
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:56 pmNOPE.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ndandwales
1,549 deaths in England and Wales of people aged below 65 with no other health conditions in 2020 (i.e. not including the bulk of the second wave). But perhaps you have access to information the rest of us don't.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:18 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:56 pmNOPE.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ndandwales
1,549 deaths in England and Wales of people aged below 65 with no other health conditions in 2020 (i.e. not including the bulk of the second wave). But perhaps you have access to information the rest of us don't.
oh shit maybe Im wrong! I'm 34 and fit as a fiddle should i be scared of covid?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic