Covid-19

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Covid-19

Post by phuketrichard »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:24 pm
Haden wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:06 pm
I would take some fatigue and memory loss if it means having a job to feed my children.

And we also don't know the long affects of the vaccine either.
I've heard stories of people dying from it, but I've not seen it with my own eyes so I can't verify it.
I don’t think you understand what fatigue means for a lot of covid sufferers. You wouldn’t be able to work that job to feed your children. You wouldn’t be able to get out of bed most days.
MY daughter, as i have stated before, suffers STILL from long covid, 9 months after she first contracted it,
Fatigue, brain fog, back aches, cough, eyes hurt an headaches. According to her some good days but never 100%

Her drs have any no idea what treatment to offer or when IF she will get back to "normal"

FYI; her boyfriend took care of her thru the worst, caught it BUT never got anything more than a slight headache/cough. It hits everyone differently and recovery is deferent as well. Out of the 5 of them that caught iot from one affected person at the vet hospital she worked at, 3 recovered fully
Oh and by the way, the UK government counts anyone who has ever had COVID19 as a COVID19 death regardless of the actual cause of death.
Fake news. they say anyone that has died from having been tested positive within 30 days as died WITH covid
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Haden wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:19 pm Has a 'healthy' person ever died from covid-19?
By healthy I mean, under say 70 years old, not really fat and with no chronic underlying health issues.?
Golden unicorn....

On average the first chronic underlying health condition appears around the age of 50, so I doubt you will find many people in their sixties without one.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:01 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:18 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:56 pmNOPE.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ndandwales
1,549 deaths in England and Wales of people aged below 65 with no other health conditions in 2020 (i.e. not including the bulk of the second wave). But perhaps you have access to information the rest of us don't.
oh shit maybe Im wrong! I'm 34 and fit as a fiddle should i be scared of covid?
I don't think so. You better be scared of people exchanging your real Dollar bills for the ones with 'COPY' on them. I'd focus on that if I were you, and on guarding my passport.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:14 am MY daughter, as i have stated before, suffers STILL from long covid, 9 months after she first contracted it,
Fatigue, brain fog, back aches, cough, eyes hurt an headaches. According to her some good days but never 100%

Her drs have any no idea what treatment to offer or when IF she will get back to "normal"

FYI; her boyfriend took care of her thru the worst, caught it BUT never got anything more than a slight headache/cough. It hits everyone differently and recovery is deferent as well.
Covid has hit my sister's house back home. My sister has two serious underlying conditions, so my guess has been she would be hit hardest. Her husband is a fit guy in his late 40's working in the military. Their kids are in their early teens.

How surprised was I when I found my sister went through it all asymptomatic, her husband got seriously ill (not admitted to the hospital) and so did the daughter. The young boy never experienced anything. Having to stay indoors for fourteen days was his largest burden.

To me it seems in individual cases this virus does have some surprises.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:56 pm Yes, loads.

Not only that but we still don't know the fullest extent of the life-changing disabilities and "long covid" that can happen to otherwise healthy people in their 30s and 40s. Many stories abound of people who a year later still suffer fatigue, memory problems, breathing difficulty, and a whole raft of other long-term complications.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ong-covid/

Covid is also associated with increased risk of stroke even in younger people; we're likely to keep seeing people die of the complications of coronavirus years after they've ostensibly recovered from it.

https://www.stroke.org.uk/news/does-cor ... 20expected.
Long Covid is going to be the malingerers golden goose in the coming months and years.

Anyone with antibody's can prove they have had Covid-19 and then milk it for all it's worth. I know it exists, and so do those keen to exploit the welfare systems and public sector sickness policies. I bet the NHS will have one of the highest rates of staff on long term sick leave with long Covid.

It's the new ME.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:54 am

Not only that but we still don't know the fullest extent of the life-changing disabilities and "long covid" that can happen to otherwise healthy people in their 30s and 40s. Many stories abound of people who a year later still suffer fatigue, memory problems, breathing difficulty, and a whole raft of other long-term complications.

Covid is also associated with increased risk of stroke even in younger people; we're likely to keep seeing people die of the complications of coronavirus years after they've ostensibly recovered from it.

Long Covid is going to be the malingerers golden goose in the coming months and years.

Anyone with antibody's can prove they have had Covid-19 and then milk it for all it's worth. I know it exists, and so do those keen to exploit the welfare systems and public sector sickness policies. I bet the NHS will have one of the highest rates of staff on long term sick leave with long Covid.

It's the new ME.
Isn’t that like worrying about election fraud? So minor and insignificant to the greater whole that it’s only good for catching attention and grabbing headlines.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Apollo91881 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:20 am

It's the new ME.
Isn’t that like worrying about election fraud? So minor and insignificant to the greater whole that it’s only good for catching attention and grabbing headlines.
If you don't worry about election fraud, you end up with a 125-0 majority in government.

The UK Labour just suspended two party branches - East Ham and West Ham and reported them for election fraud. It would never have happened under Corbyn.

Within the area covered by East Ham is the borough of Newham. That has an interesting balance of power within it's 60 council members:
Labour 60 seats. Opposition (and oversight) 0. Oh, the Mayor is Labour too.

Electoral fraud, in particular postal fraud, is rife within Asian controlled areas but the government is too scared to tackle it head on.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/l ... r-BB1ex5j9
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

another death
Ministry of Health: A 69-year-old Cambodian man infected with #COVID19 died of myocardial infarction this morning. He tested positive for COVID-19 on March 12.

so more than a hear with no deaths and now 2 in a week.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"myocardial infarction" simply means Heart Attack. But, does that mean he died due to Covid? Does Covid induce a heart attack?
Haden
Expatriate
Chile

Post by Haden »

It's the new ME.
Yes, I know many people who called in sick with symptoms (mainly bad hangovers) and got 2 weeks off work, then given a £500 one off payment!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic