Escape from Sokha Hotel: An Expose

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Escape from Sokha Hotel: An Expose

Post by Cricket99 »

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50823790/e ... -incident/

Opening Scene: It is February 7, 2021. The four female Chinese nationals were on a private jet from Dubai bound for Phnom Penh. The first COVID-19 victim of the four was seated directly behind another already infected but yet to be detected COVID-19 positive carrier until she landed at the Phnom Penh International Airport, did her swab test, checked into Sokha Hotel and then disappeared the next day, after testing positive.

The Escape Scene: February 8, 2021 evening. On cue, the four slipped out of the hotel in pre-arranged transport. They linked up with others in the same occupational trade who included two female Vietnamese before meeting various clientele for their pre-arranged trysts. The various destinations that they visited included condominiums and apartments in the vicinity of Sokha Hotel and in the high-end neighbourhood of Chamkar Mon located just across the river from the hotel. They then moved to the N8 nightclub where they mingled with others, including innocent patrons, allowing an efficient spread of the COVID virus to take place.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Escape from Sokha Hotel: An Expose

Post by Kammekor »

You forgot to quote one word which make a whole difference.

"possible"
Escape from Sokha Hotel: The Exposé to the possible cause of Feb 20 incident
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Cricket99 »

I left out lots of words. For example, The, to, the, possible, cause, of Feb, 20, Incident. Figured people could just click the fucking link rather than a long inaccurate title.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

MOH not in someone's good books
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Someone must have been horny AF to fly in hookers on a private jet.

The “pre-arranged” hotel doesn’t surprise me much as I know that has been possible if you pushed the right buttons, despite what’s being written in this forum.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

theKid wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:07 am Someone must have been horny AF to fly in hookers on a private jet.

The “pre-arranged” hotel doesn’t surprise me much as I know that has been possible if you pushed the right buttons, despite what’s being written in this forum.
Others on that flight which seated less than 20 people were also tested and placed in quarantine but again, they fled the quarantine centre (unknown), boarded their private jet and flew off.

It sounds like there were many more on that jet and the rest have disappeared too. But, as you say, why fly in women on a PJ?

Maybe the plane and the other passengers were all carrying suitcases stuffed with $Millions in cash. Dubai is another favourite place of the money launderer.

It is the most punchy piece I have ever read in the KT.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

My Prediction: As a result of this media publication, some in the media will be arrested in the coming days for embarrassing the Government.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

theKid wrote:Someone must have been horny AF to fly in hookers on a private jet.

You can also be sure the hotels are also paying someone somewhere something to be on the list of quarantine hotels.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:30 am
theKid wrote:Someone must have been horny AF to fly in hookers on a private jet.

You can also be sure the hotels are also paying someone somewhere something to be on the list of quarantine hotels.
The Sokha's room lights were about 80% illuminated the other night. It was almost 95% dark a little over a year ago. It's turning into a real money spinner for many of the big hotels.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:12 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:30 am

The Sokha's room lights were about 80% illuminated the other night. It was almost 95% dark a little over a year ago. It's turning into a real money spinner for many of the big hotels.
I think this bodes ill for an end to quarantine periods if this is the reality on the ground that it has enriched those with decision-making capabilities.
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic