Psychologist/Psychiatrist Phnom Penh English?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Psychologist/Psychiatrist Phnom Penh English?

Post by KTabi »

Does anyone know of good English speaking psychologist/psychiatrist services in Phnom Penh? Any recommendations, knowledge, or speculation on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also I'm sane by the way, pinky promise. :D :thumb:
:thumb:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Psychologist/Psychiatrist Phnom Penh English?

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

KTabi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 pm Also I'm sane by the way, pinky promise. :D :thumb:
No you're not.

none of us are
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

KTabi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 pm Does anyone know of good English speaking psychologist/psychiatrist services in Phnom Penh? Any recommendations, knowledge, or speculation on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

I also could use a good psychologist/psychiatrist. A psychiatrist would be preferred because he/she/it can write prescriptions for the really strong stuff. And while I believe that you're perfectly sane, I was diagnosed in my home country as being nuts!
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:41 pm
KTabi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 pm Also I'm sane by the way, pinky promise. :D :thumb:
No you're not.

none of us are
You can't prove that lol
Marty wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:45 pm
KTabi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 pm Does anyone know of good English speaking psychologist/psychiatrist services in Phnom Penh? Any recommendations, knowledge, or speculation on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

I also could use a good psychologist/psychiatrist. A psychiatrist would be preferred because he/she/it can write prescriptions for the really strong stuff. And while I believe that you're perfectly sane, I was diagnosed in my home country as being nuts!
Best of luck to you in your sanity and drugs quest, my friend.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

There's a place called Bamboo which offers counseling/psychological services in English.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:11 pm There's a place called Bamboo which offers counseling/psychological services in English.
Is this what you were referring to?
https://www.thebamboocentre.com/
I should have said that my other requirement is that they are licensed if such a thing exists, ie they could diagnose and you could take this diagnosis abroad with it being taken seriously.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Just flash your CEO membership card.
That's diagnostic proof in anybody's language and will gain you admittance to any suitable institution.

:)
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:49 am Just flash your CEO membership card.
"CEO sent me" *collapses from too much fun*
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

KTabi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 pm I should have said that my other requirement is that they are licensed if such a thing exists, ie they could diagnose and you could take this diagnosis abroad with it being taken seriously.
I reckon i am still half sane because my primary treatment has always been to religiously stay away from ALL of the medical profession's phsyco approaches. (except counselling, which is not real Modern Medicine anyway)
Not one single one of their happy pills. or chemical chemical restrains or Broadmoors.
That's just me (!!) but it proves that i am not really qualified by experience to answer your enquiry.

However, speaking generally - i do know that western doctors have always been very dismissive of non-western doctors. For some valid reasons, some spurious.
Some doctors or bureaucrats may give validity to the diagnosis IF the asian Dr was trained in the West.
Sometimes not even then. Especially a Cambodian Dr's diagnosis, i would think.

Personally, i reckon any physiological diagnosis or treatment can only be done by somebody fully au fait with the culture you come from yourself.
Otherwise no way they are going to give you a meaningful analysis of your issues. They won't have the same yardsticks to measure your thinking/behaviour/symptoms.

I hope it goes well - (if you are sincere)
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

KTabi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:04 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:41 pm
No you're not.

none of us are
You can't prove that lol
Marty wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:45 pm

Best of luck to you in your sanity and drugs quest, my friend.
Oh thank you and the same to you. Now I'm hoping someone else besides us 3 chimes in with suggestions so that we may proceed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic