Sunday Roast Back at Harry's Riverside.

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Sunday Roast Back at Harry's Riverside.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Patcan wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:29 am From the photos I'd opt for the chicken....
mine was the chicken, half a bird, was a great feed
great sunday funday
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:20 am It was very good.

Plates were emptied, stomachs were filled, wine was drunk, songs were sang... and heads now ache.

Old school Sunday-in-the-pub.

Beef

Chicken
The roast beef dinner has got to be the saddest looking roast i have seen in a long time. I would of sent it back and asked where the rest was.
boohoo
Tourist
Christmas Island

Post by boohoo »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:43 am
You gonna eat that last potato?

Looks good, and I had a ~$11 pork loin there the other day, that was just schnitzel-esk, but tasty and the veges, incl. the salad, were fresh. Fries were fries. So not complaining, food-wise (you can make your own assessment). Service however... Girl behind the jump, dressed in pink unlike the uniformed others, sneezed 3 times into the air (not arm). You can not do that pre-Covid. I expressed my displeasure sneer, non-verbally, and the next time, she opened the kitchen door and sprayed another ah-choo into that space.
I took my meal outside, into the PP construction zone, and they decided to sweep. Thanks for the dust flavour. Crunchy. I returned indoors to finish, paid the sans-tip bill, down my wine and left, with a "thanks bong" and a chorus of laughter, behind me.
I bought an over-priced meal (IMO, to avoid defamation) and pricey glass of red (meaning quality, again non-liellous) threw it down and was made to feel bad as I left (although I didn't say a word), I walked from that place feeling like shit, analysing my own actions. Theirs was blatant. I felt blah for about 10 minutes.
I wouldn't normally complain but for the heavy promotion here, and their unwarranted belittlement. Before you tell me to play a 2-fingered violin on a river of tears, I have disarmed you in my username. Bon appetite.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

The roast looks like the roast they put in the subs at MR. SUBMARINE...
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Where are all the sad fucks who comment on the beef? Locked up in a place where you can't go down to the pub I suppose?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

But do they do a Full English????????????

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Alex wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:11 pm Where are all the sad fucks who comment on the beef? Locked up in a place where you can't go down to the pub I suppose?
Well, it is tiny, though easy to have one or two more at those prices
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:18 pm Well, it is tiny, though easy to have one or two more at those prices
I initially thought roast beef plate was part of the $5 bonanza but at $11.50 it is a tad skimpy on the portions.

The chicken plate looks proper though. I'm going to give that a shout for sure. :thumb:
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Brody wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:29 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:18 pm Well, it is tiny, though easy to have one or two more at those prices
I initially thought roast beef plate was part of the $5 bonanza but at $11.50 it is a tad skimpy on the portions.

The chicken plate looks proper though. I'm going to give that a shout for sure. :thumb:
I guess most customers are from the UK who want to feel "at home" having those sunday roasts. I would never spend 10$+ on a little beef with some (cheap) vegetables. Funny strategy by the owners. No profit meals on crazy fridays and rip off meals on Sundays. Seems to work.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I had the roast beef last night and I was a tad disappointed. There were heaps of veggies etc but yeah, the beef portions were a bit light on. @$11.50 I expected a bit more meat..then again, less 10% discount for VIP member. I also found the beef a bit dry. Looks like the chicken is better value @$9. I nevertheless give a $1 tip for the waitresses though as business is pretty light on ATM.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic