Preferred course of action if having possible covid symptoms

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
RoryR
Expatriate

Re: Preferred course of action if having possible covid symptoms

Post by RoryR »

theKid wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:30 pm
RoryR wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:23 pm Tried to get lunch today at Burgershack but they were closed so I walked over to Carl Jr. They took my temperature and wouldn’t let me in because it said 38. I think that’s just because I had walked from Tonle Bassac and it was hot.

I managed to find a pulse oximeter after asking at three pharmacies it says my oxygen level is 91% which is borderline low but I’ve bee a smoker for 45 years.

I’ve felt about same today as yesterday no better, no worse. Mainly just coughing and short of breath with any exertion. If this is flu it doesnt feel like any flu I’ve had before it feels more lung focused.
dude, I thought you said you were self-isolating? Either this is a daft windup or you are being a right twat.
I went for takeaway not to eat inside
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

RoryR wrote: ↑Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:23 pm
Tried to get lunch today at Burgershack but they were closed so I walked over to Carl Jr. They took my temperature and wouldn’t let me in because it said 38. I think that’s just because I had walked from Tonle Bassac and it was hot.

I managed to find a pulse oximeter after asking at three pharmacies it says my oxygen level is 91% which is borderline low but I’ve bee a smoker for 45 years.

I’ve felt about same today as yesterday no better, no worse. Mainly just coughing and short of breath with any exertion. If this is flu it doesnt feel like any flu I’ve had before it feels more lung focused.
Be careful, you may go blind and guide dogs are hard to find.
Even more so if you are blind.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Joined yesterday troll
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

atst wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:22 pm Joined yesterday troll
We already have pissontheroof as our Troll in Residence, he seriously needs to up his game
up to you...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Heroin is excellent for flu symptoms. You can soldier-on all day.
(ps, that's a tip, not BS)
'Pretty sure it would be good for Covid too.
You might not be able to still get out and about in the latter stages, but it would make the ventilator pipe feel a little less scratchy.
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Clemen wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:33 pm
atst wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:22 pm Joined yesterday troll
We already have pissontheroof as our Troll in Residence, he seriously needs to up his game
Why even start a thread when Dr. Google could have told OP all this in micro-seconds. I think @nemo hit the nail on the head...
RoryR
Expatriate

Post by RoryR »

This reception is exactly why I have just been a lurker for years and didn’t really want to join up until I needed advice. I’m feeling better today thanks.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

RoryR wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:12 pm This reception is exactly why I have just been a lurker for years and didn’t really want to join up until I needed advice. I’m feeling better today thanks.
Give Carl's Jnr a break, they've only just opened up from the last outbreak.

The trip outdoors is what caused the arrows to fly, re troll etc.

Assuming you are not a troll and you do have a viral infection (Covid or not), get Food Panda on your phone and use it. There is no need to go out roaming the streets for food.

Your temp is a big red flag. The oximeter is more of a concern at 91% It should be 95%+.

If you are getting short of breath without exercise, going out should feel like mountain climbing. Stay home and use delivery services.

p.s. walking and sweating actually acts to lower the temp gauge reading, the sweat on your skin is cooled through air flow and always gave me a silly 35/36 degree temp when arriving. If yours on showing 38 on arrival, believe it.
RoryR
Expatriate

Post by RoryR »

Thanks I had already downloaded NHAM24 and have enough food now to stay in for a few days. Temp has been almost always normal whenever I check it at home.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic