Preferred course of action if having possible covid symptoms

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Re: Preferred course of action if having possible covid symptoms

Post by hburns »

Getting a test could also be important for the community. If he tests positive the authorities might be able to look at places he has been and where he might have caught it. There could be asymptomatic people with no idea they have it. That might not be a problem for now but can lead to more transmission of the virus, eventually leading to elderly and more vulnerable people catching it. He could also test negative and be free from a lot of worry.

Tests are there for a reason.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Could probably make a million bucks selling Covid self-test kits.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Cooldude wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:08 pm Could probably make a million bucks selling Covid self-test kits.
The crooks are already onto that over here.

Three men have been arrested after boxloads of Covid tests bound for schools were stolen. The lateral flow kits were taken from a lorry at Harlow Business Park, Essex, in the early hours of Tuesday March 2.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/03/covid-te ... -14182160/
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

Get some Vitamin C and D supplements.
RoryR
Expatriate

Post by RoryR »

Tried to get lunch today at Burgershack but they were closed so I walked over to Carl Jr. They took my temperature and wouldn’t let me in because it said 38. I think that’s just because I had walked from Tonle Bassac and it was hot.

I managed to find a pulse oximeter after asking at three pharmacies it says my oxygen level is 91% which is borderline low but I’ve bee a smoker for 45 years.

I’ve felt about same today as yesterday no better, no worse. Mainly just coughing and short of breath with any exertion. If this is flu it doesnt feel like any flu I’ve had before it feels more lung focused.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

up to you...
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

stock up on clorox too

edit:
you're still wandering around, sick with covid-like symptoms?
please drink the clorox, fucker
Last edited by Phnom Poon on Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monstra mihi bona!
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

RoryR wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:23 pm Tried to get lunch today at Burgershack but they were closed so I walked over to Carl Jr. They took my temperature and wouldn’t let me in because it said 38. I think that’s just because I had walked from Tonle Bassac and it was hot.

I managed to find a pulse oximeter after asking at three pharmacies it says my oxygen level is 91% which is borderline low but I’ve bee a smoker for 45 years.

I’ve felt about same today as yesterday no better, no worse. Mainly just coughing and short of breath with any exertion. If this is flu it doesnt feel like any flu I’ve had before it feels more lung focused.
dude, I thought you said you were self-isolating? Either this is a daft windup or you are being a right twat.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

hburns wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:20 pm
Cooldude wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:08 pm Could probably make a million bucks selling Covid self-test kits.
The crooks are already onto that over here.

Three men have been arrested after boxloads of Covid tests bound for schools were stolen. The lateral flow kits were taken from a lorry at Harlow Business Park, Essex, in the early hours of Tuesday March 2.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/03/covid-te ... -14182160/
I imagine the swabs have to be sent out to a lab to be tested. I'm thinking like the same as a immediate result test like a pregnancy test kit. There's got to be so many people around the world in the same situation.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Phnom Poon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:26 pm stock up on clorox too

edit:
you're still wandering around, sick with covid-like symptoms?
please drink the clorox, fucker
Injection works too for Clorox
up to you...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic