If you skip quarantine what punishment should you face

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

If you skip quarantine what punishment should you face

Post by atst »

It doesn't matter where you go but if you know the condition to enter a country is quarantine then so be it.
Now if you decide quarantine isn't for you and you go out and infect many people causing schools closings, hotels closed nightclubs gyms even cities to be locked, countless people suffering due to unemployment or reduced income
What should the punishment be, I'm sure a few touk touk guys would love to get their hands on them to say the least.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: If you skip quarantine what punishment should you face

Post by cambo swa »

atst wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 pm It doesn't matter where you go but if you know the condition to enter a country is quarantine then so be it.
Now if you decide quarantine isn't for you and you go out and infect many people causing schools closings, hotels closed nightclubs gyms even cities to be locked, countless people suffering due to unemployment or reduced income
What should the punishment be, I'm sure a few touk touk guys would love to get their hands on them to say the least.
Here is your answer straight from HE.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... l-14342210
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

cambo swa wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:14 pm
atst wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 pm It doesn't matter where you go but if you know the condition to enter a country is quarantine then so be it.
Here is your answer straight from HE.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... l-14342210
FMD the HRW thinks it's picking on human rights. Those poor selfish cnuts who skip quarantine just need some loving
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Completion of quarantine in a less salubrious environment.
Followed by
30days community service. I like the concept of chain gangs.
Forfeiture of remaining deposit.
Continued labour/service, equal to the duration of medical treatment for each person affected as a consequence.
Permanent expulsion if there are no ties to Cambodia- e.g. Having no Family commitments.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

For a bit of balance, those establishments that facilitate the flaunting of quarantine, and don't apply fair and proper measures-

Each responsible manager, 30 lashes (1 per dollar misappropriated) for food, and a refund. Administered if they so wish, by the resident.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

So it's the hotels fault or security fault not the escapists, it's has come down to needing army personal to secure hotel's in some countries , there shouldn't be any need for security everyone knows they are there for two weeks and for a reason. I suppose you'll be handing out medals to escapes next
Last edited by atst on Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

atst wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:59 pm So it's the hotels fault or security fault not the escapists, it's has come down to needing army personal to secure hotel's in some countries , I suppose you'll be handing out medals to them next
Meaning what? Your reply is a tad obscure.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:01 pm
atst wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:59 pm So it's the hotels fault or security fault not the escapists, it's has come down to needing army personal to secure hotel's in some countries , I suppose you'll be handing out medals to them next
Meaning what? Your reply is a tad obscure.
Meaning there shouldn't be any need for security at any quarantine hotel, you know your supposed to stay in your hotel before you travel , unless you're an ignorant prick and think rules are for everyone but me before you even left home.
Then happily go out and destroy people's lives
If you think it's hotel or security fault not the escapists something is wrong with your logic
The people in quarantine are tourist, workers, etc not harden criminals they shouldn't need prison guards
Last edited by atst on Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

You seem to be misusing the 'You' word a bit. Would you like to try again?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 pm You seem to be misusing the 'You' word a bit. Would you like to try again?
Sorry I'm not an educated english teacher in cambodia (hahaha) maybe replace you with they
Last edited by atst on Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic