UK: Travellers Must Give Reason for International Travel

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UK: Travellers Must Give Reason for International Travel

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UK Breaking Travel News: From 8 March 2021, you must complete a travel declaration form to declare the reason that you need to travel abroad.
Follow this link for the declaration form: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ation-form
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: UK: Travellers Must Give Reason for International Travel

Post by Yerg »

"Legally permitted reasons for international travel include:
• work
• volunteering
• education
• medical, or compassionate grounds
• weddings, funerals and related events"

This is all becoming quite tiresome... Can someone send me a wedding invitation for early August please? My +1 will be @DaveG :beer3: :bow:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Oppressive is a bit more descriptive.

As a person who
-does not normally reside in the UK, but whose family ‘bubble’ lives in a country that doesn’t recognise or accommodate expat residents who neither neither retired, nor employed there, in a way that’s readily understood by people who have never been there...
-is obliged to travel internationally, regularly, as a passenger, to then work as air crew (and then live a semi quarantined existence)
-is obliged to have a UK postal address (which is then recognised as a ‘home’ address)
-is employed at a European base of operations under an umbrella company due to Europe getting itself sorted out about brexit

When you get the wrong tit, having a bad day, then asking dumb questions that they have neither the intellect nor the common sense to attempt to understand that the answers aren’t going to match their own circumstances.

2021 has the potential for making 2020 look like a minor hiccup. :evil:
And we’ve only just started March...
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

is buying duty free booze and smokes a legit reason?
It certainly used to be.
up to you...
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Let every man and his dog in for the last 12 months, wait till 140 thousand have been killed and then decide to lock Brits in to plague Island so they can't escape!! ! Class!!!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yerg wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:03 pm "Legally permitted reasons for international travel include:
• work
• volunteering
• education

This is all becoming quite tiresome... Can someone send me a wedding invitation for early August please? My +1 will be @DaveG :beer3: :bow:
:dm:
Yeah, I would be willing to send wedding or funeral invites to those in need. This is ridiculous.
Best wishes.
(But no, not DaveG, unless he is dressed in appropriate wedding/funeral attire.)
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:50 pm
Yerg wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:03 pm "Legally permitted reasons for international travel include:
• work
• volunteering
• education

Yeah, I would be willing to send wedding or funeral invites to those in need. This is ridiculous.
Best wishes.
(But no, not DaveG, unless he is dressed in appropriate wedding/funeral attire.)

Cheers AM!! Watch this space, I guess!!
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

• work
• volunteering
• education

Best wishes.
@Yerg
We are kitted up and on our way

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Welcome to Australia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

DaveG wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:01 pm
• work
• volunteering
• education

Best wishes.
@Yerg
We are kitted up and on our way

No worries. Dressed like this, I can get you invites to all the best weddings (but it might be a bit much for the funerals.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic