UK: Travellers Must Give Reason for International Travel

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: UK: Travellers Must Give Reason for International Travel

Post by newkidontheblock »

And so when will it be possible for international visitors to enjoy the hospitality of London again? Or enjoy the lush green land and a pint of Guinness. Been missing the cultural richness known as Great Britain.

Any speculation?
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I think you can fly in now, you just can't leave 🤣🤣🤣
And don't get me started on brexit, blood pressure is bad enough at the moment
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Yes I agree with DaveG I think visitors are permitted into the UK, but understand that there is quarantine and covid19 rules to follow.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Australia has been doing this bs for a year
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:20 am Australia has been doing this bs for a year
It is what it is. Ask AM for a wedding invite and we’ll all be ok 😂
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:15 pm
DaveG wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:01 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:50 pm
Yerg wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:03 pm "Legally permitted reasons for international travel include:
• work
• volunteering
• education
• medical, or compassionate grounds
• weddings, funerals and related events"

This is all becoming quite tiresome... Can someone send me a wedding invitation for early August please? My +1 will be @DaveG :beer3: :bow:
:dm:
Yeah, I would be willing to send wedding or funeral invites to those in need. This is ridiculous.
Best wishes.
(But no, not DaveG, unless he is dressed in appropriate wedding/funeral attire.)
@Yerg
We are kitted up and on our way

No worries. Dressed like this, I can get you invites to all the best weddings (but it might be a bit much for the funerals.)
That ^^^ IS their funeral gear, AM.

I spotted Yerg and Dave G at the Sydney Mardi Gras last night.
WoW
You should see them in their out(and proud)ragous party frocks!!!
See, Proof! - they're in there somewhere >>

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

On a more somber, on-topic note...
It's a bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted isn't it? in extremis

They failed to apply this derr-basic, Public Health #101, quarantine measure for 12 months - and then pulled it out of the "magic tricks" box when the pandemic is already raging inside the country.

I would winge too - because it probably will not do an ounce of good at this stage.
They could have stopped Covid dead in its tracks before it even started (that has been proved) - if they had not woken up a year too late.

What is the supposed reason for introducing this proven measure at this too-late stage?? I don't get it.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

So is the island of Great Britain now a larger de-facto prison than N.Korea?
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:52 am So is the island of Great Britain now a larger de-facto prison than N.Korea?
Yes. Lights out at 9, no more than 2 packs of tabs a week, and plastic knives only at the canteen.

:roll:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:20 am Australia has been doing this for a year
Australia have been doing it properly for a year. You need permission to leave Australia. Which means compelling reasons and proof.

This is a classic British fudge, a storm in a tea cup.

It is designed to stop people going to Spain etc until everyone has been vaccinated and they are reasonably sure that none of these variants evades the vaccine, and that takes a bit if time.

The line highlighted below gives the game away. You "may" be asked. This means you probably wont be asked and whatever reason you give will be accepted without further inquiry.

I would just put an address in Phnom Penh and say "I live thee and I am going home" and show them my one way booking. Anyone looking to stay here for a few months could just say they are starting work here. Nobody will be doing any checks.

You should print a copy of the completed form or save it to a mobile phone or other device.

You may be asked to show this declaration form at the port of departure. You may carry evidence to support your reason for travel.

Entering a port of departure to travel internationally without a completed form is a criminal offence, for which you could be fined.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic