Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

Post by timmydownawell »

They take your photo when they make up your vaccination card.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

@patcan mentioned the issue of the ink smudging.

I can confirm that when it is fresh it will smudge and if it gets wets it may continue to do so. I would hate to have to obtain a replacement card, I don't suppose they are geared up for that request yet.

I have had my card laminated at the little printing shop on street 51/200 Daun Penh, for 1000 riel.
(Opposite American International School - thanks @armchairlawyer for that tip)

This card might become extremely valuable and a must carry item in the near future, so it's well worth considering getting it protected while it's is good condition.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm @patcan mentioned the issue of the ink smudging.

I can confirm that when it is fresh it will smudge and if it gets wets it may continue to do so. I would hate to have to obtain a replacement card, I don't suppose they are geared up for that request yet.

I have had my card laminated at the little printing shop on street 51/200 Daun Penh, for 1000 riel.
(Opposite American International School - thanks @armchairlawyer for that tip)

This card might become extremely valuable and a must carry item in the near future, so it's well worth considering getting it protected while it's is good condition.
Thank you, "Rocker" Lawyer, via Doc for lamination tip. It goes in the passport bag. Is there a photo attached as another form of ID?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a quick question:
does everyone ( or no one) agree that once most of the population is vaccinated that the shots will be more freely/easily available for those that are not rushing to get the shot?

GF's sister an her husband had to drive from Kep to PP to get their 1st shot last week, so it seems there are not many vaccination spots outside the capital
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

There is a global shortage of vaccines.
Kevin168
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kevin168 »

I am quoted $300 just to get the vaccine...anyone can help me get the vaccine cheaper? (Holding usa passport)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kevin168 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:35 pm I am quoted $300 just to get the vaccine...anyone can help me get the vaccine cheaper? (Holding usa passport)
where?
by whom?
which vaccine? ( both shots)?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kevin168
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kevin168 »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:45 pm
Kevin168 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:35 pm I am quoted $300 just to get the vaccine...anyone can help me get the vaccine cheaper? (Holding usa passport)
where?
by whom?
At khao thum by some agent i guess.
I believe its sinoparm and yes 2 shots
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Kevin168 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:56 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:45 pm
where?
by whom?
At khao thum by some agent i guess.
I believe its sinoparm and yes 2 shots
Where's Khao thum?
Kevin168
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kevin168 »

kandal province, Kaoh thum
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic