Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

Post by nemo »

Go to your Sangkat office Andy. If refused there, go up a link higher in the chain of command.
Go to the vaccine administration center.
To those as yet unvaccinated, I would urge you to get it done now as the window will close and there may be no supply for those who want it.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:55 pm The simple reply back from the organisers was "No Barrang".
The fact that we're still getting reports like this, at this stage in the game, is fucking unacceptable.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:55 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:25 pm Good news for those in Daun Penh and a couple of other districts: vaccinations will start from Thursday 10th:

We, or our district had the same notice on the vaccination program. I unfortunately have never received such a letter of invitation, or any sort of invite for the vaccine.
I read on the forum of people and members who have been now vaccinated. Also I personally know of Khmer whom have also had their shot's, some being given in local health centers, and others who have been vaccinated at home, it now seems in my area of the city that this way of vacation is being carried out by community leaders (bosses) if you wish, and yesterday the community around myself we're gathered outside, to see who wanted the vaccine. My partner spoke on my behalf so there's no confusion on the language barrier. The simple reply back from the organisers was "No Barrang".
That is frustrating.

I remember there was a document that stated,
“ B. The local authorities at the level of capital, provinces and cities in the Kingdom of Cambodia, are responsible for the registration of other foreigners who are not listed in the category (A): Khmer citizens holding foreign passports with Visa (K), foreigners married to Khmer citizens, foreign retirees, foreigners with legal long-term residence etc.
The required documents for the vaccination registration are (1) valid passport and (2) valid Visa.
The foreigners in category (B) who have been registered for vaccination will receive a vaccination at the same time with Khmer citizens at appropriate locations, in compliance with the vaccination programme of the Ministry of Health.”

It says at the same time, which is now.

Didn’t someone post the Khmer original of that as well? I couldn’t find it but perhaps this could be of help now.

It may vary by district, but in my experience you just need a form, which you can even fill out yourself, and the vaccination center will give you your jab. No preregistration necessary.

Perhaps your wife could request an extra form for her relative, “You.”
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

500K doses of Sinovac vaccine purchased from China & 500K doses of Sinopharm vaccine donated by China arrived in Cambodia this morning. Cambodia is expected to receive 1 million doses of Sinopharm on 12 June & 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine on 19 June which were purchased from China. (source Noan Sereiboth, Twitter)

Interesting to see they are getting more Sinpoharm in. I was getting the impression it was all down to Sinovac now. But probably because the -pharm is free.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

nemo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:05 pm Go to your Sangkat office Andy. If refused there, go up a link higher in the chain of command.
To those as yet unvaccinated, I would urge you to get it done now as the window will close and there may be no supply for those who want it.
Do u think they will run out of vaccines?> If anything, in a few months you will get a choice of vaccines and more data will be in ...

Me, I'm waiting till sept/oct...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:17 pm
nemo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:05 pm Go to your Sangkat office Andy. If refused there, go up a link higher in the chain of command.
Do u think they will run out of vaccines?> If anything, in a few months you will get a choice of vaccines and more data will be in ...

Stop putting yourself and others at risk Richard and get the shot now. Even if Covax sends more AstraZeneca to Cambodia there's still a 12 week recommended wait between the two shots, so you won't get full protection for a long time. Get a shot now and worry about whether you can get a different one later.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Given that you are in Thailand, I doubt you will get it by then.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

What is this bullshit about putting yourself and others at risk by waiting for a vaccine that works?
I suppose my opinion is unacceptable and I will be banned for thinking these untested vaccines are bogus.
I got flu shots for 20+ years...they usually did not prove worth a fuck.
Maybe I will have to get one to renew my extension?
SR has no big push or supply..
Maybe end of the year...
I guess I grew up when people survived or died.
Herd immunity never meant people getting a bunch of different so called vaccines to achieve it....
Read the numbers of vaccinated in SE Asia, Africa, Japan..
Unfortunately, this crisis has been manipulated, covered up and the experts have changed their tunes over and over.
To put my trust in some chinese vaccine when they cannot make a toaster that works seems crazy.
I am not putting anyone in peril or myself.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Biffsm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:04 pm What is this bullshit about putting yourself and others at risk by waiting for a vaccine that works?
I suppose my opinion is unacceptable and I will be banned for thinking these untested vaccines are bogus.
I'm quoting just part of what you posted as I think the rest is off topic and you could post that on a more appropriate topic.

But not to derail this topic, and before others jump in on this, I'd just say that everyone has an opinion on the vaccines which is fair enough.

Having said that, as to whether certain vaccines work, I'd refer to the vid in @ali baba post if you haven't seen it before: post482315.html#p482315

The gist of it is that there's a lot of stats thrown around as to efficacy but they often were done under varying conditions and situations and not necessarily comparing apples with apples. But the main gist of the vid is that while some are more effective than others in preventing one getting covid and giving it to others, mostly, they ALL prevent hospitalisation and death.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Biffsm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:04 pm (see below)
What is this bullshit about putting yourself and others at risk by waiting for a vaccine that works?

You catch the virus, even symptomatically, and spread it to others. What part don't you understand?

Herd immunity never meant people getting a bunch of different so called vaccines to achieve it....

What???

herd immunity
noun
- resistance to the spread of an infectious disease within a population that is based on pre-existing immunity of a high proportion of individuals as a result of previous infection or vaccination.
- "the level of vaccination needed to achieve herd immunity varies by disease"

Read the numbers of vaccinated in SE Asia, Africa, Japan..

Why?

I am not putting anyone in peril or myself.

Yes you are.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic