Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by atst »

When are the 3 million doses of the good stuff arriving, that Australia donated ?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

atst wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:04 am When are the 3 million doses of the good stuff arriving, that Australia donated ?
Don't hold your breath. Aust government couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:04 am When are the 3 million doses of the good stuff arriving, that Australia donated ?
They sold them to Thailand, cash on delivery.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Wasn't there a requirement that expats provide a doco from your sangkat to present at the vax centre? Or is that dropped once your sangkat is scheduled for local vaccine rollout?

I thought that might involve your landlord to show residency evidence (FPCS or lease?). I heard that online vaccine registration system doesn't cut it for that.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does anyone know where we can get one of the vaccines?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Bump. I just moved some posts from General Vaccine News topic coz I recalled we had a more specific one about getting the vaccine locally in Cambodia. Also, I've changed the topic title a bit to make it more up to date ie more a case of 'where' we can get it now than 'if'.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:50 am What Health Centres in Phnom Penh are currently doing vaccinations?

I have been told that once you have had your first - and got onto the system - you can go anywhere for the second, no questions asked. The centre for the first shot was way out in the boonies (way past Makro) so something more local to Riverside would very handy.

So, has anyone got the latest places to go?
British embassy posted this one before. Bak Touk at Orrusey closest to riverside. I dont know if you can just rock up to any old place though

TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

If you get to choose and are planning to get a Chinese vaccine, there is a recent report that Sinopharm is likely not doing the trick. Two Middle East countries have already told their citizens to get another shot (after the original two). I believe Bahrain is getting Pfizer and giving it as the third shot and Dubai? (sorry for my bad memory) is having those under 60 get a third Sinopharm and buying AstroZ for those over 60. Additionally, other countries relying on this vaccine (Chile was one) are seeing new waves of covid despite getting a fair percentage of their population vaccinated with the shots.

For whatever its worth.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

I think you are confusing sinopharm with sinovac.
Sinovac is the one with low effectiveness sinopharm should be similar to AZ
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

TWY wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:03 pm If you get to choose and are planning to get a Chinese vaccine, there is a recent report that Sinopharm is likely not doing the trick. Two Middle East countries have already told their citizens to get another shot (after the original two). I believe Bahrain is getting Pfizer and giving it as the third shot and Dubai? (sorry for my bad memory) is having those under 60 get a third Sinopharm and buying AstroZ for those over 60. Additionally, other countries relying on this vaccine (Chile was one) are seeing new waves of covid despite getting a fair percentage of their population vaccinated with the shots.

For whatever its worth.
There has been little information about Chile since they had a surge in March. It improved slightly but then went back to the same levels of about 6000 cases a day and deaths of 100-150 a day. Their vaccine roll-out continues but they still have a long way to go. Cases numbers without information on the ratio of vaccinated and unvaccinated is meaningless.

Anyway, here's some up to date info:

Cases, deaths and vax rates

% fully vaccinated.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:50 am What Health Centres in Phnom Penh are currently doing vaccinations?

I have been told that once you have had your first - and got onto the system - you can go anywhere for the second, no questions asked. The centre for the first shot was way out in the boonies (way past Makro) so something more local to Riverside would very handy.

So, has anyone got the latest places to go?
British embassy posted this one before. Bak Touk at Orrusey closest to riverside. I dont know if you can just rock up to any old place though

Is that how it was posted with half the telephone number missing down one side?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic