Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does anyone know if we can get one of the vaccines?

Post by Chuck Borris »

nemo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:15 pm Better to get what you can right now than get nothing due to worry about what might happen.
We say: "Better sparrow in your hand than the pigeon on the roof".
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Tommie wrote:Are you not worried about the fact that you will be needing a vaccine pass to travel by air in the future and that only vaccines approved by the EU will give You entrance to the EU, and only US approved vaccine will allow you to enter the US?

As far as i know, the only vaccines that gives you access everywhere in the future is the Pfizer, Moderna and the Johnson. The AZ is not US approved.
I’m happy to get the vaccin I can now (Sinovac) and will try to get later the vaccin I want (EU approved).
Nothing wrong been vaccinated twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

nemo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:09 am I got the sinovac yesterday, age 64, no AZ on offer. Sangkat arranged the paperwork.
I was not registered on the app. Felt fatigued and muscle pain, all good today.
Teams are vaccinating red and orange zones in PP first.
We're you not concerned the vaccine is only recommended for under 60 or has that changed? My concern was if you're over the recommended age and you have a reaction to the vaccine there's no support around to fix you.
If it's not good enough for the big man it's not good enough for me.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

PETALING JAYA: Senior citizens aged 60 and above can be given the Sinovac vaccine under phase two of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme, says Khairy Jamaluddin.

The coordinating minister for the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme said that the committee evaluating the vaccines have looked at the latest data and found that that vaccine is "safe, effective and stable" for senior citizens.

Khairy, who is also Science, Technology and Innovation Minister, said the countries that have administered the Sinovac vaccine to its population aged 60 and above are Turkey (11 million people), Brazil (seven million) and Chile (three million).

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/ ... ays-khairy
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:32 am
nemo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:09 am I got the sinovac yesterday, age 64, no AZ on offer. Sangkat arranged the paperwork.
We're you not concerned the vaccine is only recommended for under 60 or has that changed? My concern was if you're over the recommended age and you have a reaction to the vaccine there's no support around to fix you.
He just had a choice and made the sensible one. At the time the AZ had decent trials and roll-out without problems. The Chinese one didn't have any good data. He's nobody's fool. Had there only been a Chinese one, he surely would have taken it anyway.

Things have changed a bit since then and the Chinese vax is shaping up well. Maybe it will need a 3rd booster in 6 months, no biggie.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

It's the Sinopharm not Sinovac that has recently been approved by the WHO for emergency use. A WHO decision on Sinovac is expected soon apparently. I did read somewhere that despite WHO approval, Sinopharm was not tested on over 60s..whatever you want to make of that.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 am
atst wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:32 am
He just had a choice and made the sensible one. At the time the AZ had decent trials and roll-out without problems. The Chinese one didn't have any good data. He's nobody's fool. Had there only been a Chinese one, he surely would have taken it anyway.

Things have changed a bit since then and the Chinese vax is shaping up well. Maybe it will need a 3rd booster in 6 months, no biggie.
Isn't sinovac chinese? I to was given the choice yesterday of the two chinese one's if the non chinese one was available I would have been tempted but maybe not as I won't be here for the second shot
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Frankl
Expatriate

Post by Frankl »

Nicolas wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:02 pmI’m happy to get the vaccin I can now (Sinovac) and will try to get later the vaccin I want (EU approved).
Nothing wrong been vaccinated twice.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's interesting, is there any evidence/ feedback on people getting mixed vaccinations? I have had one shot of Astrazeneca and due the second shot in August...I think, will have to check date...but i would have preferred the Pfizer vaccine.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by Doc67 »

What Health Centres in Phnom Penh are currently doing vaccinations?

I have been told that once you have had your first - and got onto the system - you can go anywhere for the second, no questions asked. The centre for the first shot was way out in the boonies (way past Makro) so something more local to Riverside would very handy.

So, has anyone got the latest places to go?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:50 am What Health Centres in Phnom Penh are currently doing vaccinations?

I have been told that once you have had your first - and got onto the system - you can go anywhere for the second, no questions asked. The centre for the first shot was way out in the boonies (way past Makro) so something more local to Riverside would very handy.

So, has anyone got the latest places to go?
Not sure if they still are but they were previously doing them at the HE High School at the top of France Street near the Japan bridge. Daun Penh hasn't been prioritised so still waiting for a mass programme to commence.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic