Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BKK Phil
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Does anyone know if we can get one of the vaccines?

Post by BKK Phil »

xandreu wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:25 pm I registered on the app as soon as it came out, but I am now unable to log in as it says my information (log-in) is incorrect. I am certain my password is correct. It does not give any help as to what to do now.

Not only that but I tried to log into the FPCS app yesterday and it seem I have been wiped off of that also. It says my phone number is incorrect. I have not changed my phone number and it worked fine when I last checked it two months ago.

I feel as if someone is wiping all trace of me from the databases???
Gents:
I went to one of my district Ministry of Health hospitals that administer Covid shots and spoke to two English-speaking nurses who helped me sort out my problem with the website version of the vaccine app: they told me I could dispense with the app registration and simply show up at the next vaccination session (for Shot #1) with my passport and telephone and I would be given the shot (I am 75 y.o.). On the day, the registration people will complete my registration for me.

[Different appointment dates are issued for 1st and 2nd shots. The government will make the dates known in due course, as vaccines become available.]

I too have had continuing problems with the app; I note however on one health website that Cambodians themselves have been complaining loudly (in English-language posts) about difficulties with the app. We are not alone in complaining!

BKK Phil
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:27 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:34 pm Registered for a few weeks now

I'd prefer not to get it but I may need it to fly, so better to have all ducks in a row

I know a bunch of young Khmer folks who have all their jabs because "sister/father/uncle is police/army" etc
If it isn't approved by WHO, you can't take it as many times as you like...still won't be able to fly. That is the current concern I have. If it's got 'Sino' in front of it, it's a hit and miss proposition. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that's how I understand it as of today.
It is now.

WHO approves Covid vaccine made by China’s Sinopharm for emergency use

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/who-app ... y-use.html
BKK Phil
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BKK Phil »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:27 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:34 pm Registered for a few weeks now

I'd prefer not to get it but I may need it to fly, so better to have all ducks in a row

I know a bunch of young Khmer folks who have all their jabs because "sister/father/uncle is police/army" etc
If it isn't approved by WHO, you can't take it as many times as you like...still won't be able to fly. That is the current concern I have. If it's got 'Sino' in front of it, it's a hit and miss proposition. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that's how I understand it as of today.

Reuters reported an hour ago that the W.H.O. has approved the Chinese vaccine Sinopharm for emergency use; however I see elsewhere that it is not recommended at this point in time for any individual above the age of 59. New York Times link below.

BKK Phil

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05/07 ... rm-vaccine
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

clutchcargo wrote:
jah steu wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:36 pm When I completed the online vaccination registration process I didn’t get any confirmation. I wasn’t sure if it had completed successfully.
When I went for my first shot they linked to the registration without a hitch, so I must have registered ok.
When you check the QR code on your new vaccination card it takes you to a vaccination status summary based on information from the online registration system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So was there any link between you registering and you getting your first shot? What was the process for you getting your first shot? Were you designated as a priority case?
I received a PM from someone who had gone round some clinics until he found one that would give foreigners a vaccination without asking for the dreaded “embassy letter”. This was about a month ago during the government’s push to vaccinate over 60’s (I’m 67).
But I think I may have been refused if I hadn’t already registered online with that slightly dodgy app. They pulled up my information from online and linked it to my online vaccination record.
A few days after I’d been for my first shot, a large group of Chinese turned up at that clinic and were apparently pushy and even aggressive. The clinic closed early that day and subsequently wouldn’t do any more foreigners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm out in the province this morning the local cop turns up offering to take me to get the vaccine, very nice of him, he had the paperwork there was two choices both the Chinese vaccine, I said sorry I'm to old he showed me list of people even in late 70s been given it.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I got the sinovac yesterday, age 64, no AZ on offer. Sangkat arranged the paperwork.
I was not registered on the app. Felt fatigued and muscle pain, all good today.
Teams are vaccinating red and orange zones in PP first.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nemo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:09 am I got the sinovac yesterday, age 64, no AZ on offer. Sangkat arranged the paperwork.
I was not registered on the app. Felt fatigued and muscle pain, all good today.
Teams are vaccinating red and orange zones in PP first.
Good to hear there was no flick pass to the embassy this time :D

Re the arranged paperwork, did you just have to show your FPCS details or other?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

We are friendly with a sangkat cop and told by him to come to the office. The next at the vax location they asked to see my passport.
FPRCS did not come into it. When your neighbors start getting it, time for you to apply.
Seems to be military med staff. they do the first run over a few days and move to a new location then return in 2 weeks for the 2nd dose.
Last edited by nemo on Fri May 14, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Are you not worried about the fact that you will be needing a vaccine pass to travel by air in the future and that only vaccines approved by the EU will give You entrance to the EU, and only US approved vaccine will allow you to enter the US?

As far as i know, the only vaccines that gives you access everywhere in the future is the Pfizer, Moderna and the Johnson. The AZ is not US approved.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Astra Zeneca is not being offered right now in Cambodia according to the doctor I spoke to yesterday.
Sinovac is recently approved by WHO, and the study of 128k Indonesian health workers show it well over 90% effective in mitigating severe cases.
I am not aware of any countries requiring vax status as an entry requirement.

Better to get what you can right now than get nothing due to worry about what might happen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic