Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does anyone know if we can get one of the vaccines?

Post by nemo »

Well 5 of them came to visit and confirm my fprcs registration. Some were Sangkat.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:43 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm On a related note, does anyone know where the Daun Penh Khan office is?
I thought is was the one on the corner st 15/144 however, I went there with Mrs Cargo some years back for a residency paper and got a very frosty reception from the boss lady there. Dunno why, we were polite, well dressed and everything. Ended up getting the landlord to do it.
There are several Sangkats within Daun Penh.
Psar Kandal is one of them (two in fact). One needs to go to the correct Sangkat for one's address.
I went to that one on the corner of 15/144 with my passport and they obliged me with the necessary stamped forms to take to the Daun Penh Health Centre which is just north of the Japanese bridge on road 5.
It didn't help because the doctor turned me away due to lack of Embassy letter. Presumably now one can show this latest pronouncement if the same objection is raised. It's probably a good idea to print it off.
BTW, a waitress at Metro told me today that she had registered on the app and this week she got the call to go for the jab. She went to the same Daun Penh HC. I don't need to tell you that she is under 60. She got the Sinopharm.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:19 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:43 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm On a related note, does anyone know where the Daun Penh Khan office is?
I thought is was the one on the corner st 15/144 however, I went there with Mrs Cargo some years back for a residency paper and got a very frosty reception from the boss lady there. Dunno why, we were polite, well dressed and everything. Ended up getting the landlord to do it.
There are several Sangkats within Daun Penh.
Psar Kandal is one of them (two in fact). One needs to go to the correct Sangkat for one's address.
I went to that one on the corner of 15/144 with my passport and they obliged me with the necessary stamped forms to take to the Daun Penh Health Centre which is just north of the Japanese bridge on road 5.
It didn't help because the doctor turned me away due to lack of Embassy letter. Presumably now one can show this latest pronouncement if the same objection is raised. It's probably a good idea to print it off.
BTW, a waitress at Metro told me today that she had registered on the app and this week she got the call to go for the jab. She went to the same Daun Penh HC. I don't need to tell you that she is under 60. She got the Sinopharm.
I know the difference between Sangkats and Khans. I was trying to locate the Khan office! The one on 15/144 is - as I thought - another Sangkat. Anyway I eventually found the Khan office just north west of Wat Phnom. Anyway they just fed me the same bullshit about getting a letter from my embassy lol.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Anyway this seems to be more definitive. If you are working it seems you get priority over those of us who aren't. Here's the deal. I will not be taking questions at this time.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

There are many people here with EB EOS visas that have never done a days work here and have no work permit. This puts them in Category B, but if they had bothered to go the extra mile and get a WP, they would be in category A.

There is a thread started by @PSD-Kiwi who informed us that they deadline for applying for a WP for 2020 has been extended until the end of May.

Perhaps @PSD-Kiwi could comment on this vaccination development and explain how easy or difficult it will be to get a WP now to bump people up from Cat.B to Cat.A.

What would be the ramifications of doing this? Will they start looking at all those years without a proper WP, and the possible tsunami of applications for a WP.

post482092.html?hilit=work%20permit#p482092
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I have no insight into this, I read the announcement the same as everyone else.

Ref obtaining a WP, well that's simple enough, either apply via an agency, directly at the MoLVT or online at fwcms.mlvt.gov.kh
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:41 am There are many people here with EB EOS visas that have never done a days work here and have no work permit. This puts them in Category B, but if they had bothered to go the extra mile and get a WP, they would be in category A.

There is a thread started by @PSD-Kiwi who informed us that they deadline for applying for a WP for 2020 has been extended until the end of May.

Perhaps @PSD-Kiwi could comment on this vaccination development and explain how easy or difficult it will be to get a WP now to bump people up from Cat.B to Cat.A.

What would be the ramifications of doing this? Will they start looking at all those years without a proper WP, and the possible tsunami of applications for a WP.

post482092.html?hilit=work%20permit#p482092
said this before>>
whats ur rush with getting the vaccine?

I am all for waiting another 3-4 months an see how those that get it respond further. I mean thats why China is sending their vaccine around the world so others can be their guinea pigs... :beer3:

I am anti social anyway so dont feel i am going to catch it..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Yeah I don't think the vaccine is worth $100/year for each of the previous years you didn't have a WP.

Here's the doc in Khmer if you need something to wave at the guy at the Sangkat (option B is on page 2):

ImageImage
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

From my experience, you are more likely to need to wave the print-out at the Health Centre than at the Sangkat, but take it to both of course. I'm looking forward to feedback on what happens when you do wave it.
BTW, presumably we have to thank the Embassies for this clarification. I imagine they have been working away at this issue diligently.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:56 am From my experience, you are more likely to need to wave the print-out at the Health Centre than at the Sangkat, but take it to both of course. I'm looking forward to feedback on what happens when you do wave it.
BTW, presumably we have to thank the Embassies for this clarification. I imagine they have been working away at this issue diligently.
The locals getting vaccinated at HE Wat Phnom High School all had an official stamped slip which was presumably issued by the Sangkat. So I'm assuming we need to obtain one of those before rocking up to actually get a shot anywhere, as per the statements I posted above referring to "local authorities". I'll go down to my one after the lunch break at 2pm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic