Quarantine longer than 14 days

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
MAGA
Tourist
Canada

Quarantine longer than 14 days

Post by MAGA »

I've been in quarantine since February 21 because the government closed the building. I was told I might get out on March 11. That's 17 days. Apparently they don't test over weekends, so the 14 days is a lie. It's been constant lies from the Khmer. The police downstairs don't allow for deliveries after 10pm because they prefer to sleep. Still waiting for the second covid test.
chrisjones
Expatriate

Re: Quarantine longer than 14 days

Post by chrisjones »

WTF? I’m in hotel quarantine now. They told me 14 days. I can’t stay 17 I have to start work.
drozd
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by drozd »

I'm also in quarantine and will be tested tomorrow Saturday 8 am. They do test on weekend.
Just hope nobody staying here test positive since then everybody have extended quarantine.
What deliveries matters that's not allowed at all, stop whine!
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

I am sure the quarantine is not pleasant, made worse by inconsistent or a lack of clear information from the authorities. But I have to ask, what were you really expecting traveling to a developing country during a pandemic?
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

MAGA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:48 pm I've been in quarantine since February 21 because the government closed the building. I was told I might get out on March 11. That's 17 days. Apparently they don't test over weekends, so the 14 days is a lie. It's been constant lies from the Khmer. The police downstairs don't allow for deliveries after 10pm because they prefer to sleep. Still waiting for the second covid test.
Sounds like you are unhappy with what is the standard level of disorganisation here. And what would you want delivered after 10pm anyway - beer and hookers? Yes KOW tests the patience of newly arrived expats, especially entitled ones. It gets worse but with tolerance and an acceptance of chaos we get used to it. BTW using that nom-de-plume could be a troll trigger - I prefer to think you are having a laugh.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Give @MAGA a break. He was probably told he had to stay inside for two weeks unexpectedly because someone in the building tested positive. He (she?) has been locked in since for over a week now.

A valid reason to moan a bit.
chrisjones
Expatriate

Post by chrisjones »

What happens if a foreigner has a flight out of Cambodia and then someone in the building tests positive? Do they lock you in and ban you from leaving the country? This is asinine.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

chrisjones wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:26 am What happens if a foreigner has a flight out of Cambodia and then someone in the building tests positive? Do they lock you in and ban you from leaving the country? This is asinine.
Relax a bit. You've not even set a step in the city and you're freaking out already.

Don't try to think difficult scenarios through too much. This is Cambodia. Problems rise unexpectedly, but can also be solved unexpectedly.

Finally, the covid measures currently taken seem to be Chinese style. You either have to live with it, or leave. The Cambodian government is running the show here, not you or me.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

chrisjones wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:26 am What happens if a foreigner has a flight out of Cambodia and then someone in the building tests positive? Do they lock you in and ban you from leaving the country? This is asinine.
Your thinking to much, slow down.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
MAGA
Tourist
Canada

Post by MAGA »

We originally got tested on a Sunday. Now they say there are no weekend covid tests. This is a clear lie. The building owners were allowed to get a second test and leave after six days. I confirmed with the owner yesterday. A 14 day quarantine, should never be extended. To my understanding, they test on day 13, then let people go on 14. Today is day 14, no second test yet. I was told it's now unlikely they will do the second test on Monday. If someone has covid in the building, the 14 days start again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic