Man Scammed by Streetwalker in Daun Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Scammed by Streetwalker in Daun Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On March 2, 2021, at around 11 pm, a man was scammed by a streetwalker at B9 guesthouse in Sangkat Sras Chok, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

Before the incident, the victim took a streetwalker to the guesthouse, and he agreed to pay her 15 USD. When they arrived at the guesthouse, the sex worker asked the victim to pay her first. After paying, the victim went to have a shower and left his phone on the table. The woman told the victim that she was going outside to buy a condom, but she stole his phone and fled with the money.

After the incident, the victim filed a complaint at the Sras Chok police station to search for the suspect.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Scammed by Streetwalker in Daun Penh

Post by Clutch Cargo »

the sex worker asked the victim to pay her first....

then,
the woman told the victim that she was going outside to buy a condom
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Won't get his money back but at least his photo is on the internet for eternity now
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:10 pm Won't get his money back but at least his photo is on the internet for eternity now
Yeah, 5 minutes of fame. His family (and wife) must be proud. :bow:
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Exactly. Why would you come out & say "this is me. I'm an idiot. but she promised to come back, then, after 4 hours 20 minutes of waiting, i had a gut feeling something was afoot. I've been trained to spot these sorts of things, you see."
Man, you would cop that on the chin with a grin at the sin (that you committed), and tell anyone that knew of your intentions that it all went swimmingly, and you'd rather not kiss n tell, & can we change the subject please. no I don't have my phone with me. what's this obsession with phones all of a sudden?!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

The biggest red flag is $15, c’mon, st, that’s anal , no condom. Fuckin noobs
N.B. A friend told me this, no personal experience
And I would definitely go to the popo to tell them I got robbed while engaging in illegal activity.
You can’t fix stoopid
up to you...
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

If the victim was a Cambodian would his picture and story also appear in the news?
Don’t they have defamation laws here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Strawberryshake wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:30 pm If the victim was a Cambodian would his picture and story also appear in the news?
Don’t they have defamation laws here.
Why do you think that the victim is not Cambodian ?
And he's the one who picked up a woman off the street for sex, and then got ripped off for being stupid, and then called the cops who took his photo, so I don't see the problem ? Do you ? :dm:
He will live and learn.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Anchor Moy wrote:
fsdfdsdf wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:10 pm Won't get his money back but at least his photo is on the internet for eternity now
Yeah, 5 minutes of fame. His family (and wife) must be proud. Image
He looks like he's 18 or so. Probably wanted to practice before eventually getting married or something, or saved up all his cash for a new phone and then wanted to celebrate by losing his V card. Hard to tell, but he almost looks like a teenager.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic