Body of Foreign Man Found Floating at Koh Rong Samloem Beach

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Body of Foreign Man Found Floating at Koh Rong Samloem Beach

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Sihanoukville): The body of a foreign man was found floating in the sea without knowing the cause, in front of the Dolphin Bay bungalows, about 50 meters from the shore.
The body was found at about 2 o'clock, on the afternoon of February 27, 2021, Saracan Bay, Koh Rong Samloem commune, Preah Sihanouk province.
The identity and nationality of the foreign man have not been released. RIP.

Graphic photos posted by Khmer media have been put in the darknet section.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Body of Foreign Man Found Floating at Koh Rong Samloem Beach

Post by Equinix »

Very graphic. Be warned...
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Equinix wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:18 pm Very graphic. Be warned... Image
Anyone who wants to keep tonight's dinner down should avoid. Among the most graphic I've ever seen.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

LIVIDZX wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:50 pm
Equinix wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:18 pm Very graphic. Be warned... Image
Anyone who wants to keep tonight's dinner down should avoid. Among the most graphic I've ever seen.
Thanks for the warning I won't be looking, but like to know how this happened?
Those poor policemen having to deal with that, and others, how they sleep at night is beyond me
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I really don't understand why some people want to look at pictures of dead bodies ?, it does nothing for me at all

Hopefully they find out who the dead guy is & what happened to him
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:09 pm I really don't understand why some people want to look at pictures of dead bodies ?, it does nothing for me at all
I don't get pleasure out of it but it can serve a purpose.
Hopefully they find out who the dead guy is & what happened to him
Well part of that is taking pictures of the body in situ as it can't be left there and then conducting an investigation?

Besides all that, one of the most important parts of the Buddhist doctrine that is always ignored or downplayed by "Hollywood Buddhists" like Richard Gere is the emphasis on death.

So to understand you need to go to a charnel-house. You need to look at the newly-dead, how they resemble yourself and how they are so different.

You need to come back regularly and observe the decay, and again reflect on the fraught nature of life. Then return when the rats and vultures and maggots have consumed all but the bones and again put some deep thought into the nature of the vessel. That's Buddhism in a nutshell. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

What is Buddhism?
It ain't that thing they got in Cambodia that goes by the same name. imo
Nor in most countries where it has been installed for thousands of years - and has been so corrupted, and been so co-opted by the Powers That Be to reinforce their position on top.

eg. #101 Buddhism (as i understand his teachings), you don't go to the temple every day and pray to an outside deity for health, wealth and success.
You get off your arse and live in way that gives best chance of those things flowing to you - and PS, those things ain't what they are all cracked up to be anyway.

And you don't buy out your bad Karma by taking the local head monk on a holiday to the beach - in the Merc.
etc etc etc

:stir:
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Alcohol is a huge risk factor, seen many fit people get into trouble in the surf when intoxicated... I'm guessing his death will be ruled as "Heart attack" RIP
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Grand Barong wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:32 am Alcohol is a huge risk factor, seen many fit people get into trouble in the surf when intoxicated... I'm guessing his death will be ruled as "Heart attack" RIP
That is the most likely primary cause and then drowning to finish the job. Having a heart attack and passing out while alone in the sea, even in a few feet of water, and it's game over.
chris.hind
Tourist
Mexico

Post by chris.hind »

I was in m'pai bay when they found a body but apparently I don't have access to the dark net forum.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic