"Klah Klok" Gamblers Arrested in Battambang

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

"Klah Klok" Gamblers Arrested in Battambang

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Battambang Province): Professional forces and the crime team of Battambang Police Department have detained five people for gambling at a game of "klah klok" on February 22, 2021 at 4 pm at Ortakum village 2, Toul Ta Ek district, Battambang city.
1-name Sern Seb, male aged 41, located in Otakam village, Toul Ta Ek, Battambang district.
2-Name: Phoung Sava, 40-year-old male, located in Ortakum village, 2, Toul Ta Eek district, Battambang town.
3-Name: Nom Chamreoun, male aged 25, has a place in Otakam village, 1, Toul Ta Ek district, Battambang city.
4-The name of Kem Sarit, male aged 48, has residence in Ortakum village, 2, Toul Ta Ek district, Battambang city.
5-Name: Nong Kunthea, 37-year-old girl, has a place in Ortakam village, 1, Toul Ta Ek district, Battambang city.

After arresting them, Battambang police brought the 5 illegal gamblers to the station for education, where they signed a contract to never gamble at klah klok again, so now they can return home.

CEO News:What is Klah Klok ? (I can hear some of you asking this question.)
Klah Klok is a traditional betting game. Three dice are used that have pictures on each side instead of numbers. The players bet on which pictures they believe will be rolled and place their wagers on a game board. Then the dice are rolled into a bowl. The players win if a picture they wagered on appears. If more than one of their pictures are rolled, then their winnings multiply.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: "Klah Klok" Gamblers Arrested in Battambang

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've played myself at Kien Svay and other places. Pretty harmless (even my now nieces and nephews played) unless they were gambling big bucks or something. Often whole families play, but like 100-500r/game so you end up winning or losing like 8000-10 000r max over the course of two hours. Cheaper entertainment than a movie.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic