flight prices

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: flight prices

Post by crob »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm
crob wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:59 pm supply demand, the demand for travel once the borders open is going to be high, so don't expect cheap flights for some time
what makes you think cause borders open, all of a sudden there going to be thousands /tens of thousands of people travelling?
Many in Europe and the states have been out of work for ages with little income....
different people have a different situation... a lot of people haven't stopped working, and their holiday leave has grown with nowhere to go, as have their holiday savings... shit I personally have +300 hours of paid leave just sitting there.

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm And what about if another outbreak occurs and you get stuck somewhere?
whilst this is a concern, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:39 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:51 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:26 pm I just looked at the prices to India from UK in September which is when i usually go and they are the same as usual about £500 return. I then looked at flights to Thailand and they are around £700 return, not sure if this is the usual price. My gut feeling tells me that when India/Thailand/USA, anywhere really, opens up the prices will shoot up at first maybe they will double as I am sure they will still be able to sell the seats.
Anybody got any thoughts on this ?
I have a bunch of coupons for sale if you're interested. :stir:

No way I would take the risk of buying a 500-700 GBP ticket six months in advance at this time.
coupons from which airline ?
KLM, Emirates, Xiamen Airlines... But they all fucked me over, coupons can only be exchanged to tickets given out in the same name.
I don't know what country you are in but in Europe if an airline cancels your flight you get a full refund it's the law, google it. The coupon thing has been all over the news and although some airlines have been trying it on most people got a refund, I have no idea about other countries or what happens if the passenger decides not to fly
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:16 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:39 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:51 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:26 pm I just looked at the prices to India from UK in September which is when i usually go and they are the same as usual about £500 return. I then looked at flights to Thailand and they are around £700 return, not sure if this is the usual price. My gut feeling tells me that when India/Thailand/USA, anywhere really, opens up the prices will shoot up at first maybe they will double as I am sure they will still be able to sell the seats.
Anybody got any thoughts on this ?
I have a bunch of coupons for sale if you're interested. :stir:

No way I would take the risk of buying a 500-700 GBP ticket six months in advance at this time.
coupons from which airline ?
KLM, Emirates, Xiamen Airlines... But they all fucked me over, coupons can only be exchanged to tickets given out in the same name.
I don't know what country you are in but in Europe if an airline cancels your flight you get a full refund it's the law, google it. The coupon thing has been all over the news and although some airlines have been trying it on most people got a refund, I have no idea about other countries or what happens if the passenger decides not to fly
Good luck enforcing your EU rights while you're stuck in Cambodia...
I'd have to go to court for that, and that's currently no option for me.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm
what makes you think cause borders open, all of a sudden there going to be thousands /tens of thousands of people travelling?
If my position is indicative of others', I've been paid 80% of my wages to stay at home, and my outgoings shrunk too. Meals out, visits to the pub etc. have all been off limits, so my savings have improved. Payment holidays for my car, a heavily reduced fuel bill as I am not driving 45 miles x 5 every week. Discounts on insurance because mileage has dropped significantly. I'm better off now than I was a year or so ago, so a holiday would be easier to afford now than 12 months ago. But it doesn't mean I will pay the inflated prices. I've waited a year, another 6 months won't hurt...
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

While we are all dreaming of future air travel, here's something to chew on: "New hacker group targets airlines..."

More pre-flight anxiety. :facepalm:

https://www.scmagazine.com/home/researc ... _view=true
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

The view on the likelihood of flying this year from Qantas, 'the experts', and australians..

"Qantas this week announced it expects international travel to resume more broadly at the end of October when the national vaccine rollout is scheduled to be completed.

The airline is currently planning to offer flights to 22 of its 25 pre-COVID international destinations, including Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Johannesburg.
Experts have since quashed that idea, calling it unrealistic

— and according to the survey, most Australians agree.
It found 42 per cent are "not at all confident" that a COVID-19 vaccine will allow international travel in 2021.
Only 12 per cent are "very confident"."
abc au

I suspect Qantas will be close to the mark, around October - but probably only for the high price accepting, major destinations this year.
I just checked AirAsia out of Au. They have some flights slotted right through the year - but all come up "flight full".
ie, they are not selling tickets yet, but are keeping their options open.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:25 am The view on the likelihood of flying this year from Qantas, 'the experts', and australians..

"Qantas this week announced it expects international travel to resume more broadly at the end of October when the national vaccine rollout is scheduled to be completed.

The airline is currently planning to offer flights to 22 of its 25 pre-COVID international destinations, including Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Johannesburg.
Experts have since quashed that idea, calling it unrealistic

— and according to the survey, most Australians agree.
It found 42 per cent are "not at all confident" that a COVID-19 vaccine will allow international travel in 2021.
Only 12 per cent are "very confident"."
abc au

I suspect Qantas will be close to the mark, around October - but probably only for the high price accepting, major destinations this year.
I just checked AirAsia out of Au. They have some flights slotted right through the year - but all come up "flight full".
ie, they are not selling tickets yet, but are keeping their options open.

had a look last night n I could get syd to bkk for a little below 900 AUD, not to bad, i was expecting much worse, air asia prices are around the same... but that's booking now when its a bit of a roll of the dice...

the 400-600 return flights wont be back for sometime
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Thanks Crob, not sure why i wasn't getting prices and availability up on AirAsia.

SYD - BKK, Au$900
Return or one way?
Qantas/Jetstar or Air Asia?
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

it was Qantas, direct flight, early November returning early December.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

tempting
Phuket- PP via bangkok .....Air Asia, March 5th 2,290 baht
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic