Making payment into a Thai bank account

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Making payment into a Thai bank account

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello everyone,

I need to apply for a visa from an Embassy in Bangkok, and this Embassy stipulates that payments for the visa should be to a specific bank account in a specific bank in Thailand.

What is the best way to make this payment, from Cambodia to this bank in Thailand?

Normally I have only used credit card or international wire transfers.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Making payment into a Thai bank account

Post by ergosemper »

Hi... Here's how:

Step 1: open a Wing account.
Step 2: top up the account with sufficient USD to cover the THB amount you need to pay plus an additional amount to cover the transfer fee.
Step 3: after topping up the Wing account, open the app and select Wing2World. Transfer as instructed.

Do not forget to provide the reference details as otherwise the embassy can't identify your payment on their system.

Reference:
https://www.wingmoney.com/en/wing2world/thailand/
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

ergosemper wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:22 pm Hi... Here's how:

Step 2: top up the account with sufficient USD to cover the THB amount you need to pay plus an additional amount to cover the transfer fee.
Step 3: after topping up the Wing account, open the app and select Wing2World. Transfer as instructed.

Do not forget to provide the reference details as otherwise the embassy can't identify your payment on their system.

Reference:

Thanks that could work! I hope the Embassy is not going to be too fussy about how the payment has to be made.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Reference:
Hi, do you know how long it takes for the money to be delivered using this method?
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:06 pm

Reference:
Hi, do you know how long it takes for the money to be delivered using this method?
If you use the Kasikorn option, it will be credited instantly.

If you use DeeMoney, funds are credited the following business day based on my experience.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

I use TransferWise to pay money into my Thai Account (Bangkok bank) normally only takes a number of hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

ergosemper wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Reference:

If you use DeeMoney, funds are credited the following business day based on my experience.
OK, great, thanks for the information... One of the people I want to transfer to is Kasikorn. Do we just need their bank account information, name on bank account, etc., to do the transfer?
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:07 pm I use TransferWise to pay money into my Thai Account (Bangkok bank) normally only takes a number of hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks that could be an option...
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Reference:

OK, great, thanks for the information... One of the people I want to transfer to is Kasikorn. Do we just need their bank account information, name on bank account, etc., to do the transfer?
If you use the Kasikorn option, money will be credited in real time. The recipient will receive the THB equivalent of the USD amount sent from Wing. If you use Wing, you will need the receiver's name, account number, date of birth, nationality and towards the end of the transfer procedure there will be a "purpose of transfer" list to select from.

If the person you are transferring to has a Thai Visa credit or debit card (any bank) another real-time and far more simple way to send money from Cambodia to Thailand is by Visa Direct transfer. You can do this if you have an ABA account. On the ABA app, click on the "transfer" icon, select "international transfers" and then "Visa Direct". Enter the recipient's name (as shown on his or her Thai Visa card) and the 16-digit card number. Money will be credited instantaneously. I have used it a few times and can confidently recommend it.

https://www.ababank.com/visa-direct-transfers/

daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

ergosemper wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:43 am
daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Reference:

If you use the Kasikorn option, money will be credited in real time. The recipient will receive the THB equivalent of the USD amount sent from Wing. If you use Wing, you will need the receiver's name, account number, date of birth, nationality and towards the end of the transfer procedure there will be a "purpose of transfer" list to select from.

If the person you are transferring to has a Thai Visa credit or debit card (any bank) another real-time and far more simple way to send money from Cambodia to Thailand is by Visa Direct transfer. You can do this if you have an ABA account. On the ABA app, click on the "transfer" icon, select "international transfers" and then "Visa Direct". Enter the recipient's name (as shown on his or her Thai Visa card) and the 16-digit card number. Money will be credited instantaneously. I have used it a few times and can confidently recommend it.

https://www.ababank.com/visa-direct-transfers/

Thank you for all your information! This is rather urgent as we are trying to make a visa application submission by tomorrow morning.

My wife went to the Wing office today because it has to be registered officially to use the Wing to World option. They did the registration but said that it will be ready tomorrow as it takes time to enter their system. I'm not sure if tomorrow means after 12:01 am or some other time tomorrow. So we will have to go back to check with them again.

Also, for the Kasikorn Bank option, is there some kind of fee on the receiving end? One of the service providers we are using is asking us to include a 200 Baht transfer fee. But I think she is thinking that we will do a normal bank transfer (which is obviously quite slow).

If you know about the last question please let me know as we are trying to complete all of this today.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic