February 20, 2021, Covid Community Outbreak (Koh Pich and Beyond)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: February 20, 2021, Covid Community Outbreak (Koh Pich and Beyond)

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:50 am
For several weeks, Khmer Times has been highlighting the number of escapes from quarantine centres in the three provinces border Thailand as well as the lax security in Phnom Penh’s quarantine centres where corruption and lax security has seen quarantined people sun bathing at the hotel’s swimming pool, paying guards to leave the quarantine centres and return at a late time or even at a later date, which is the due date for the 13th day test.

Most of these reports went without any response from the authorities concerned or were denied.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50817535/c ... ly-to-633/

Khmer Times are pretty confident this morning....
I seem to remember Freightdog telling us the Khmer Times denied his claims that people were flouting quarantine rules in Phnom Penh hotels. I think they claimed these stories were made up.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 am
For several weeks, Khmer Times has been highlighting the number of escapes from quarantine centres in the three provinces border Thailand as well as the lax security in Phnom Penh’s quarantine centres where corruption and lax security has seen quarantined people sun bathing at the hotel’s swimming pool, paying guards to leave the quarantine centres and return at a late time or even at a later date, which is the due date for the 13th day test.

Most of these reports went without any response from the authorities concerned or were denied.

I seem to remember Freightdog telling us the Khmer Times denied his claims that people were flouting quarantine rules in Phnom Penh hotels. I think they claimed these stories were made up.
leaves flapping in the wind ....
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not looking good;

47 locations in Phnom Penh now linked to February 20 Event
The list of locations in Phnom Penh linked to February 20 Event has grown again – with cases now spreading to Sihanoukville
Previously 13 locations had been identified: N8 Club near the corner of Street 217, Tuol Svay Prey commune, Casa By Meridian at Koh Pich, Le Gong Guan Hotel in Phsar Thmey III, Yi Lu Ling Xian in Tonle Bassac commune, City Comfort in Boeng Prolet commune, The Bridge in Tonle Bassac commune, The Pointe Serviced Apartments near Doeumkor market, Mekong Street in Chroy Changva commune, The Penthouse Residence in front of AEON I, Sky Line (Dumex) in Mittaheap commune, Somet Condoninium in Veal Vong commune, Residence L Olympic near Olympic Stadium and Prince Plaza Center in Tonle Bassac commune.

This was expanded to 11 more locations on Monday. They are: Diamond Twin in Koh Pich, Celeste Sky Bar in front of AEON I, Jinzun Karaoke in front of Phnom Penh International Airport, Coco Club and Hotel in Chaktomuk commune, Juhao Hotel in Tonle Bassac commune, The World Shop at the back of Ratana Plazza market, One Mention shop at the back of Ratana Plaza market, 168 club near Olympic Stadium, Love restaurant in Boeng Raing commune, HE Phnom Penh Thmey high school in Phnom Penh Thmey commune and SIS International school near Doeumkor market.

Now, 23 more locations have been identified. They are: Kolab I primary school near Wat Phnom, American Intercontinental School in Chak Angre Loeu commune, Jinzun Karaoke in front of Phnom Penh International Airport, Borey Hitech in Niroth commune, Sela Whitehouse in Prek Eng commune, Borey Chip Mong Land in Sen Sok commune, Bali 2 in Chroy Changva commune, Bali 5 in Tonle Basac commune, Phariya Aparment in Tonle Bassac commune, Ngan Sophy ‘House in Kouk Khlaing commune, Resident Le Boeng Tompun in Boeng Tompun commune, Rotha’s Family near Wat Phnom, Wedding Party near Global Pary in Taing Krasaing commune, Romantic Restaurant near Wat Phnom, Golden Jazz in Koh Pich, Sous Tony’s Families in Tuol Sangke commune, Ey Luo Ling Seang’s Shop in AEON I, HH Hotel in the back of Wat Alangka, Diamond One in Koh Pich, Ny Ka Smy in Beung Trabek commune, Gold Class in Beung Keng Kang commune, CASA Villa in Beung Keng Kang, Elysee’ in Koh Pich.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 am

Not the Khmer Times. It was the hotel management and the Ministry-
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:53 am The official narrative is the virus more less was banned from Cambodia, but it's now been re-introduced by the four escapees.
it's clearly false, unless one of them had uk variant, or the reported numbers are incorrect

monstra mihi bona!
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:29 am not looking good;

The list of locations in Phnom Penh linked to February 20 Event has grown again – with cases now spreading to Sihanoukville
Just been told that they found 2 Chinese with Covid in Sihanoukville.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Yobbo wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 pm

Yes and closed off 4 hotels
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Building right near me is closed its Residence L BKK3, thank god im not in there, at first i thought the cops were gonna shut mine, but luckily no Chinese here, just a few cambodians myself and a few others
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Yobbo wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 pm

Two Separate Cases were Detected in Sihanoukville
Cambodia News, (Preah Sihanouk Province): Preah Sihanouk Provincial Administration announces the discovery of two Chinese women in Preah Sihanouk Province infected with 19 Kovid, including the first woman traveling from Phnom Penh on February 16, 2021 to stay at the Jingbei Por Hotel. In Sangkat 3, Sihanoukville.
The second woman left Phnom Penh on February 20, 2021 to stay at Hong Kong Chea Yi Hotel in Sangkat 4, Sihanoukville.
The two women are currently being treated at the Sihanoukville Provincial Referral Hospital (Chamkar Chek).
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Don't blame the Chinese!
That's racist.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic