February 20, 2021, Covid Community Outbreak (Koh Pich and Beyond)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: February 20, 2021, Covid Community Outbreak (Koh Pich and Beyond)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Start mass testing and you will find covid everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:05 pm Start mass testing and you will find covid everywhere

I think the powers-that-be might have just realised that. The conspiracy theorist in me is wondering why today’s case numbers are not being released.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:05 pm Start mass testing and you will find covid everywhere

Yes, it is just not being aggressively tested in Cambodia and grossly underreported here. Based on the discussion in the Philipino teacher thread it seems most do not agree with me.

I think they'll just go with herd immunity here and avoid the hysteria that comes with reporting a large number of cases. There are just going to be many deaths labeled as "pneumonia."
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:07 pm Yes, it is just not being aggressively tested in Cambodia and grossly underreported here. Based on the discussion in the Philipino teacher thread it seems most do not agree with me.
I, for one, completely agree with you.

What I was disagreeing with you about, and what I believe most found untoward, was your stating that the "Philipino teacher" died of covid when we don't know that to have been the case, and your general polluting of the poor lads death thread with your obtuse prognostications. :thumb:
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

theKid wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm

I think the powers-that-be might have just realised that. The conspiracy theorist in me is wondering why today’s case numbers are not being released.
Todays case numbers will probably be released tomorrow, yesterdays were reported today as has been the case for the duration of this. They are reported aday later
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Soriya wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:39 pm
theKid wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm

Todays case numbers will probably be released tomorrow, yesterdays were reported today as has been the case for the duration of this. They are reported aday later
Yesterday’s numbers were released yesterday. In fact, case number updates were given twice per day in the last few days.

Sunday 21.02. morning (one day after the “community event”): 32 cases
Sunday 21.02. evening: raised to 47 cases
Monday 22.02. morning: raised to 78 cases
Monday 22.02. evening: raised to 99 cases
Tuesday 23.02. ????????
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

theKid wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 pm
Sunday 21.02. morning (one day after the “community event”): 32 cases
Sunday 21.02. evening: raised to 47 cases
Monday 22.02. morning: raised to 78 cases
Monday 22.02. evening: raised to 99 cases
Tuesday 23.02. ????????
I think you'll find the answer is 168, which is a very lucky number in local beliefs. We are again blessed. 8)

Silence, exile, and cunning.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Brody wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:15 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:07 pm Yes, it is just not being aggressively tested in Cambodia and grossly underreported here. Based on the discussion in the Philipino teacher thread it seems most do not agree with me.
I, for one, completely agree with you.

What I was disagreeing with you about, and what I believe most found untoward, was your stating that the "Philipino teacher" died of covid when we don't know that to have been the case, and your general polluting of the poor lads death thread with your obtuse prognostications. :thumb:
You agreed with jah steu when he said the exact opposite here about the reporting in Cambodia. newsworthy/byron-cunan-31yo-filipino-te ... 09-39.html

And now you agree with me? You are just out here arguing for nothing and you've been caught red-handed

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:13 pm You are just out here arguing for nothing and you've been caught red-handed
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Update on testing for the Covid-19 virus, following the 20 February community event:
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On the afternoon of 23 February, Lok Chumteav Youk Sambath, Secretary of State of the Ministry of Health has stated that in the three days from February 20-22, 2021, more than 3,500 people involved in the February 20 community event have been tested for Covid-19 virus. Of those, 99 are positive so far.

29 test sites have been set up to test those who may be involved in the February 20 community event, but the largest is located at Chak Angre Health Center in Koh Pich for testing Chinese residents living in the area.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic