Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Post by Railroad »

It means:
Every shing-a-ling-a-ling, that she's startin' to sing..
:rave:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

AndyKK wrote:In that situation I would think the people who were visiting and delivering goods to friends and family in quarantine had very little choice not to pay what they were asked.
Surely, it strikes like there was another reason for payment. Because that would be the lowest form of corruption for these security people to do. It is more than morally wrong.
I would like to here a follow up to the story, and see why and what it is all about.
The locals live with corruption at all levels on a daily basis.

The security people would say they aren’t getting work anywhere else and need to make end meet, too. With the lack of jobs I wouldn’t be surprised if they had to pay bribes to just be security in the quarantine area.

I hope there is a follow up to this story, too. But I doubt it. Bad news can be career ending for a local governor. (Missus’ thoughts)
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Railroad wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:18 am It means:
Every shing-a-ling-a-ling, that she's startin' to sing..
:rave:
Quite disappointed.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Spose she was also tryna draw attention to 'er cleavage.
Kinda "Have I got great tits, or have I got great tits?" :whistler:
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Railroad wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:07 pm Spose she was also tryna draw attention to 'er cleavage.
Closer to what I was hoping for.

Still makes no sense. Ah, the mysteries of the Orient.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Railroad wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:07 pm Spose she was also tryna draw attention to 'er cleavage.
It’s certainly not a disappointing vision, and surely makes the work of the the poor sods having to very slowly and meticulously take her details, a more tolerable task.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:54 am It means she's a Carpenters fan.
And you've just outed yourself as one too! :D
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Big Daikon wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:24 pm

I see lots of shirts with legends on them that make no sense, just a word salad. The wearer doesn't read English so doesn't have a clue. Things like, "Me never, you too" or "It always knows what it always thinks". That kind of thing.

It's like those old dodgy Chinese symbol tattoos that probably mean chicken chow mein.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:12 am
Big Daikon wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:24 pm

I see lots of shirts with legends on them that make no sense, just a word salad. The wearer doesn't read English so doesn't have a clue. Things like, "Me never, you too" or "It always knows what it always thinks". That kind of thing.

It's like those old dodgy Chinese symbol tattoos that probably mean chicken chow mein.
Hilariously common here, too. Plus random Iron Maiden t-shirts on teenage girls.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

This was on Facebook -

His Excellency Lt. Gen. Thet, Deputy Commissioner General and Commissioner of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police, ordered the team of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police in cooperation with the specialized force of His Excellency Lt. Gen. Di Vichea to immediately investigate the location of the case of posting on the Facebook account named Heng. Sothea and health news reports that security guards at the entrance to the Olympic Stadium demanded money when bringing food to relatives after a detailed interrogation, said that no official took money from people in exchange for food. Relatives who are being treated for Kovid at the Olympic Stadium. This is according to the announcement of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police on August 5, 2021.

The Phnom Penh Municipal Police Commissioner stated that due to the regular force at the entrance and exit, they strictly enforced the health rules and the exact time of the doctors, and the person who leaked the false information with the malicious intent to tarnish the honor of the forces. Always dedicate both physical and mental strength and time to cooperate with the team of doctors on a regular basis with the goal of doing chiropractic and 24m / 24m treatment.

The source said that the problem that made this person angry and spread false information was because this person brought food to his relatives who were treating Kovid at the stadium at the wrong time of the doctor several times. And do not follow the doctor's instructions, that's why the authorities at the entrance do not allow entry, and also angry with the authorities who have strictly enforced to publish the wrong accusation against the authorities. However, the competent authorities are now searching for the owners of these accounts to follow legal procedures.

Please be reminded that on August 5, 2021, yesterday, a Facebook account named Heng Sothea posted, requesting the relevant officials to investigate the case of the guards at the entrance of the Olympic Stadium demanding money when bringing food to relatives. . The content of the post was, "Yes, I would like to ask the senior officials to look at the staff at the Chattalysak Center at the Olympic Stadium. , 000 Riel to bring in, there is not much luggage from outside, Mr. Baby Police, the money is from 20,000 Riel to 40,000 Riel, I want to ask if you see the patient in this, there is only Why did you do this, but what about your family, but how do you feel?

Article edited by: Su Yin
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic