Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Post by atst »

more to this story and somehow the fine has been reduced or lost in translation.

Colonel San Sokseiha, Phnom Penh police spokesman confirmed that all those arrested have now been sent for quarantine in Phnom Penh after they were fined $300 each.
He added that they will be sent to provincial court for questioning after they complete their quarantine.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 am
Brody wrote:
atst wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:33 pm
Phnom Penh Municipal Police spokesman San Sokseiha said after the relevant authorities have completed the interrogation, the authorities have decided to impose a transaction fine of 2.5 million riels per person.

In addition, the authorities also asked them to make a contract not to repeat the violation.
Did they impound the Rolls?

They impound the vehicles of other unfortunate sods, as well as forcing them into a 14 day quarantine. There are many news articles detailing this.

What a double standard.
Yeah, didn't they impound some tuktuk recently? At least temporarily? And fined the tuktuk driver as well. Meanwhile two-star general doesn't get his ranked revoked, pays a small fine and all dandy...
Yes, that was one of the incidents I was trying to remember.

The photo of the tuk tuk driver was just pitiful.

He was just staring off into the distance, probably wondering how on earth he would be able to pay, not only a fine but also the impound fee for his tuk tuk.

Meanwhile his Chinese customer was arrogantly sprawled out on a plastic chair on the phone, probably to one of his Khmer handlers.

When the situations clearly shows the police in a superior status level, they're right pricks.

Throw in a $500,000 auto and some military stars on the shoulder-boards and suddenly they're meek, amiable pussies.

Incidents like this are a wasted opportunity for the police to change the paradigm.

People would have thought more highly of the police and it could have helped with trust issues. If we had seen that Rolls towed away to the impound lot and that trio of deplorables in handcuffs.

Alas.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

atst wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:47 am Colonel San Sokseiha, Phnom Penh police spokesman confirmed
Khmers are good at getting people to piss off by giving them bullshit info.

Just like, "Go to your embassy and get a letter for vaccine."

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

are they quarantining at sokha?
maybe they sent out a second roller to come and collect them

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:27 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 am
Brody wrote:
atst wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:33 pm
Phnom Penh Municipal Police spokesman San Sokseiha said after the relevant authorities have completed the interrogation, the authorities have decided to impose a transaction fine of 2.5 million riels per person.

In addition, the authorities also asked them to make a contract not to repeat the violation.
Did they impound the Rolls?

They impound the vehicles of other unfortunate sods, as well as forcing them into a 14 day quarantine. There are many news articles detailing this.

What a double standard.
Yeah, didn't they impound some tuktuk recently? At least temporarily? And fined the tuktuk driver as well. Meanwhile two-star general doesn't get his ranked revoked, pays a small fine and all dandy...
Yes, that was one of the incidents I was trying to remember.

The photo of the tuk tuk driver was just pitiful.

He was just staring off into the distance, probably wondering how on earth he would be able to pay, not only a fine but also the impound fee for his tuk tuk.

Meanwhile his Chinese customer was arrogantly sprawled out on a plastic chair on the phone, probably to one of his Khmer handlers.

When the situations clearly shows the police in a superior status level, they're right pricks.

Throw in a $500,000 auto and some military stars on the shoulder-boards and suddenly they're meek, amiable pussies.

Incidents like this are a wasted opportunity for the police to change the paradigm.

People would have thought more highly of the police and it could have helped with trust issues. If we had seen that Rolls towed away to the impound lot and that trio of deplorables in handcuffs.

Alas.
Spare a thought for the for guys drinking and playing music
In Takeo, provincial governor Ouch Phea said four young men were sentenced to one year in prison and fined $250 each under the Covid-19 Law for loud parties at their residences in violation of health measures.

“They played loudspeakers at their homes and disrupted their neighbors and opposed the government’s rules that ban gatherings, drinking and dancing and other things, and [require people] to stay at home.”

Know wonder there no respect. Perhaps a separate thread is needed to track the inconstancy. This story has derailed the thread a bit but its so shamefully disgusting the double standards
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Battambang): Battambang police commissioner reported that at 20:40 pm on April 23, 2021 at Dun Ouk village, Lvea Sor Kab Vel commune, Battambang province, police stopped two men who were driving a car from Banteay Meanchey to Battambang. In order to escape police roadblocks on National Road 5, they were driving on the small back roads at night.

Both men were taken for Covid-19 tests, which were negative. They will be detained in quarantine for 14 days and fined 3,000,000 riel each for breaking the rules.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Stiliko wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:43 pm Image
Excellent. I just spent two minutes watching, mesmorised. :plus1:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Old repeated news but relevant

HE: Stay where you are, or else
Post Staff | Publication date 16 April 2021 | 17:44 ICT

“Now let me make this clear: stay in your home, village, and district and remain where you are now for 14 days,” he said in an audio address on the evening of April 16.

HE said despite the lockdown effective since April 15, he said he had observed that many people remained on the streets.

“Without strict enforcement by security forces and authorities of all level, we will not be successful. So, I reiterate that this lockdown will forbid people from leaving their homes, except for some cases,” he said.

The prime minister noted that those who had already left Phnom Penh for their hometown must remain there for 14 days to break the chain of transmission.

"I am happy to hear that those caught violating the lockdown order have been arrested and sent to court. I encourage [authorities] to enforce the law and send them to court without exception.

"I want to stress that from now on the lockdown measure applies to all – even high-ranking officials are not exempted.”
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Stiliko wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:43 pm Image
That's stupid! I got bored with it after the first hour! I'll probably check how's he's going in the morning, but that's about it.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic