Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:18 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 pm I agree, no need for slut shaming.
I guess I'm from a bygone era. And the woke police are truly taking over.

I'm not trying to "shame" anyone. I thought she was dressed slutty and stated my opinion.

Personally I love sluttily dressed girls, and would happily empty my gravy pouch all over that Chinese broad.

But the fact remains, those shorts are obscenely brief.

I highly doubt that any of you would be pleased if you daughter went out dressed like that.

Anyway I think the larger transgression is that what I wrote was quite off-topic and for that I apologize. :thumb:
Hi Brody.
If the "woke" comment was directed at me. My comment was not supposed to be "woke police". I don't judge anyone, but thought it was strange that you would decide that a woman in shorts is a slut, yet you post photos of women in their underwear. (!)

Even in the provinces now, women are wearing short shorts and clothes that were judged to be obscene only a few years ago. I would have been shocked 10 years ago, but face it, times and styles are changing in Cambodia.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 pm I do think those shorts are immodest according to current Cambodian dress codes, then again, I think khmers are used to this from foreigners already...albeit they will stare nevertheless. Khmer girls OTOH get away with it in a club at night... but day time?? Then again, I guess she didn't expect to have to get out of the Rolls in public.. Just my opinion.
You might be surprised how many young women wear tiny shorts and miniskirts here. You won't generally see them worn walking around the streets, they are usually either driving in cars or if riding a moto they will wear a long frumpy looking velcro attached skirt to cover themselves till they get to their destination. Perhaps not quite as short as the Chinese woman, but not far off. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 pm Hi Brody.
Hi Anchor Moy.

I must admit, this lock-down is beginning to wear on me and I find myself posting stuff just to spin up the members.

I don't really give a fuck about this chick or her shorts or if they're slutty or not.

I need to get a lock-down hobby other than annoying the forum members..........does anyone know where I can get crochet supplies? ;-)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Quote -
They had reportedly departed from a Sky Bar in Chamkarmon district and headed to the Sokha Hotel in Chroy Changvar district.
1. What was their reason to be at the Sky Bar, was it some investment reason?
2. I hope they were not supposed to be in quarantine at the Sokha Hotel.
3. So, Chinese money can hire you a Rolls Royce with an army officer driver?
4. Yes, she is slutty and knows so, likes the attention.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

The topic is getting a bit worn now but, if she was in the back of the Roller, they have no doubt been into the champagne fridge, for a few shorts and, in short, she has probably just put the short shorts on, at short notice, shortly before they were pulled down, ah over.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:51 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 pm Hi Brody.
Hi Anchor Moy.

I must admit, this lock-down is beginning to wear on me and I find myself posting stuff just to spin up the members.

I don't really give a fuck about this chick or her shorts or if they're slutty or not.

I need to get a lock-down hobby other than annoying the forum members..........does anyone know where I can get crochet supplies? ;-)
Idea for you:
Image :bow:
Simple but sexy, covers the box, would go down well with a lady (or gentleman, let's not be sexist) who likes to wear Disney pyjamas.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm amazed nobody commented about the 100 people who crossed over to vietnam when resorts closed then back again the other day because there open again, oh that's ok boarders are closed unless you work for the chinese.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:07 am I'm amazed nobody commented about the 100 people who crossed over to vietnam when resorts closed then back again the other day because there open again, oh that's ok boarders are closed unless you work for the chinese.
Chinese don't own the boarder.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:21 am
atst wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:07 am I'm amazed nobody commented about the 100 people who crossed over to vietnam when resorts closed then back again the other day because there open again, oh that's ok boarders are closed unless you work for the chinese.
Chinese don't own the boarder.
I know but they and thier friends seem to come and go across the border when everyone else can't
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Brody wrote:
atst wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:33 pm
Phnom Penh Municipal Police spokesman San Sokseiha said after the relevant authorities have completed the interrogation, the authorities have decided to impose a transaction fine of 2.5 million riels per person.

In addition, the authorities also asked them to make a contract not to repeat the violation.
Did they impound the Rolls?

They impound the vehicles of other unfortunate sods, as well as forcing them into a 14 day quarantine. There are many news articles detailing this.

What a double standard.
Yeah, didn't they impound some tuktuk recently? At least temporarily? And fined the tuktuk driver as well. Meanwhile two-star general doesn't get his ranked revoked, pays a small fine and all dandy...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic