Naked Westerner Takes Nap in Front of Butterfly Bar on Street 136

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Naked Westerner Takes Nap in Front of Butterfly Bar on Street 136

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:41 pm It's a long time since I hung around there but I remember he was known for paying his staff very well. At a time when Metro was just a far-off idea, it was one of the more professionally-run places around. The service was better than most places. That might have led to some issues, it's hard trying to manage a restaurant. Anyway I'm not excusing his obvious crazy behavior at times, and it's never pleasant being anywhere near someone in that state.
Why on earth do you even try to offer some bizzare excuses for his behaviour.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:37 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:41 pm It's a long time since I hung around there but I remember he was known for paying his staff very well. At a time when Metro was just a far-off idea, it was one of the more professionally-run places around. The service was better than most places. That might have led to some issues, it's hard trying to manage a restaurant. Anyway I'm not excusing his obvious crazy behavior at times, and it's never pleasant being anywhere near someone in that state.
Why on earth do you even try to offer some bizzare excuses for his behaviour.
Cowboy, why you go off on JB like that? He was talking about the restaurant, not Andy's bizarre, alcohol-induced dementia. It was a professional restaurant. Very good service, food, and drinks. (easy to find negative comments about any restaurant, does not take a high level of talent) Don't understand the comments about the decor but definitely the best billiard table in PP. The only problem was on many nights it was so full of customers there was no seating available. That is why he added the upstairs indoor balcony. I knew many a lady working there that made a very good wage/tips to support themselves and family without bar fines or ST/LT. He did not allow that there. Anyway, sad to see Andy end up like this but yes it was self-inflicted. Why so much joy in another's despair?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:10 am And some guys on here have frequented his esatblishment over the years because they never got what the staff did. Shameless cunts.
I never saw him abusing any staff Sir White Knight.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Daydrinker
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Daydrinker »

I think its hard for anyone to change, but once you hit an age, its next to impossible. And, it doesn't surprise me he ended up like this, PP has a way of bringing out your best, lol. What does surprise me is how poorly he's aged. The last time I saw him he was fairly burly looking dude.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I wouldn't say this but in the circumstances I don't think it will make things worse for him.
I have it on good authority he has cancer. I don't know any more.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I don't know the guy at all so would never pass judgement on him personally.

But in a more general sense, that's the sort of 'hitting rock bottom' picture that someone would pull out of their shirt pocket at an AA meeting to show people the fork in the road in which they decided to turn their life around.

Either that or they just continued on the same path and never got the chance.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:13 pm Anybody know who owns Seaps. I'd hate to think the rumours were true.

Back on topic, undressing can be tiring
The guy who owns seaps is an englishman named Barry and the same owner of the shenanigans bar.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

:evil5:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:01 am

Alcohol. It's one hell of a drug!
Cameron_Newbe
Tourist

Post by Cameron_Newbe »

Khmu Nation wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:19 pm :evil5:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:01 am

Alcohol. It's one hell of a drug!
Letting off a bit of steam, normal for Nodics
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Blimey, I thought he'd done it again 2 weekends running, but its just last weekends drunken naked pavement snooze :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic