Naked Westerner Takes Nap in Front of Butterfly Bar on Street 136

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Naked Westerner Takes Nap in Front of Butterfly Bar on Street 136

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:36 pm In addition you would not get away with the shit this guy seems to have pulled over the years or Mishmash as another example
I'm not sure Mish got away with much by the sounds of his recent incident and he didn't have a history of this AFAIK.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:04 pm
bossho wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:41 pm My only encounters with Andy are all peaceful and harmless on St 13 at the T Mart by Wat Ounalom.
Wait..I think I've seen a guy that looks like him selling drinks out of an esky on the corner of st 13 and st 178 (Museum st) with a khmer lady. He has a distinctive red face. Same guy right?
You are very much mistaken not the same guy, the guy you see selling pancakes and drinks is a lovely man with Khmer wife and kid, why he sells every day there and on the riverside is another story that puzzles me
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:31 pm I don't buy the assertion that it's not abnormal for drunks to take their clothes off on a binge. And from what a few posters have mentioned earlier, apparently this guy has an unfortunate history of doing this...so, it's not a one off.

I'm sticking to the notion that it's a mental condition or psychosis of some sort. I googled that and found a reddit discussion about this:

Not to say this guy doesn't have issues but I do know of other cases of poor-timed nakedness when drunk. This guy seems like he can drink crazy amounts, more than you or I or most humans would ever attempt. Who knows what I would do if I was drinking jager all day.

I remember bad enough nights from 3 shots of jager....all day? :shock:
karl.timpany
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by karl.timpany »

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry........
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

It's too bad about his behavior with staff. Instead of "he's a character" it's more "he's a cunt" for constantly yelling at the ladies and bringing them to tears.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I wonder if he's a member on here ?,

Wonder what his side of the story would be about being found naked sleeping on the street ? :)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:06 pm It's too bad about his behavior with staff. Instead of "he's a character" it's more "he's a cunt" for constantly yelling at the ladies and bringing them to tears.
Mrs Cargo has a friend that used to work there. Yes, he used to yell at the staff but 'constantly' is a bit of a stretch by her reports. I gather that depended on whether he was sober or wasted.. She did say however that he was very good with giving the staff paid, annual holidays (something Mrs Cargo doesn't enjoy despite there being a law about annual holiday time for full time staff).

I went there a couple of times and quite liked the German food on the menu for a change and must've been lucky to miss out on his apparent antics there.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Wait..I think I've seen a guy that looks like him selling drinks out of an esky on the corner of st 13 and st 178 (Museum st) with a khmer lady. He has a distinctive red face. Same guy right?
[/quote]

I have seen that guy on the riverside opposite 178, completely different person. Andy doesn't need to sell beers on the street.
[/quote]

The naked westerner in discussion here, Andy, often has coffee in front of the T Mart ( less than 10 mos. old establishment) in the mornings. T mart is down towards Phsar Kandal from the corner of St. 178 and St. 13 and is locally owned and managed. Tony will be in there in the daytime, they have a nice selection of household items there at rock bottom prices btw.
The other guy with the red face and long blondish hair that sells whatever he sells is at the corner of 178/13 and I have never spoken with him.
Our boy Andy is far more social and even engaging in the mornings that I've been lucky enough to encounter him.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's a long time since I hung around there but I remember he was known for paying his staff very well. At a time when Metro was just a far-off idea, it was one of the more professionally-run places around. The service was better than most places. That might have led to some issues, it's hard trying to manage a restaurant. Anyway I'm not excusing his obvious crazy behavior at times, and it's never pleasant being anywhere near someone in that state.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Hilarious, lets just rationalise a guy being found stark bollock naked punching the z'sss in a major street in a capital city, who has an obvious history of being a total cunt in a Harvey Weinstein way. And some guys on here have frequented his esatblishment over the years because they never got what the staff did. Shameless cunts.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic