Traveling Heavy

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Traveling Heavy

Post by Matty9999 »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:19 pm
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:47 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 pm I have never had any satisfactory street food here that cost only $1.50.
Ill take whatever. Cambodia does have certain virtues, for example the outdoor markets where things are much cheaper than over here where you need to shop at a regular store like in the states, but i have to give props to Serbia because its much more organized and developed. They dont have stray dogs, jaywalking, trash on the street, or even any unpaved roadways from what ive seen so far.
how is the nightlife/ social scene over there?
I went out last night... it was fabulous especially during summer, a lot of outdoor restaurants, bars, and clubs, all open til 4am at least... welcome back to reality... all around walkable streets downtown. reminds me a bit of San Francisco
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 pm I have never had any satisfactory street food here that cost only $1.50.
Ill take whatever. Cambodia does have certain virtues, for example the outdoor markets where things are much cheaper than over here where you need to shop at a regular store like in the states, but i have to give props to Serbia because its much more organized and developed. They dont have stray dogs, jaywalking, trash on the street, or even any unpaved roadways from what ive seen so far.
You're coming to Cambodia, don't get distracted!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:22 am

Just booked it !!! Korean Airlines RT 1,250 JFK- PP
Saturday , August 1st baby!!

If your still there I will harass you @Doc67
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

BklynBoy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:16 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:22 am

Just booked it !!! Korean Airlines RT 1,250 JFK- PP
Saturday , August 1st baby!!

If your still there I will harass you @Doc67
As you wish, i guess it totally depends on what you like as each person has different preferences. Already, ive got one of the Koh Rongers to come to the Balkans. Another is considering.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

totally agree and maybe 1 day would check it out but this trip i had planned and already felt comfortable navigating all the requirements. Would be overload for me to learn a whole new countries system lol
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

This is my favorite place ive seen so far, its called Great War Island its an island in the Danube not too far from Belgrade.

xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:58 am totally agree and maybe 1 day would check it out but this trip i had planned and already felt comfortable navigating all the requirements. Would be overload for me to learn a whole new countries system lol
Are you still coming to Cambodia bro?
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:57 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:58 am totally agree and maybe 1 day would check it out but this trip i had planned and already felt comfortable navigating all the requirements. Would be overload for me to learn a whole new countries system lol
yep... got ticket w/ korean airlines. Leave NYC July 31 at 830am JFK and land in PP Aug.1st 10pm
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:02 pm
yep... got ticket w/ korean airlines. Leave NYC July 31 at 830am JFK and land in PP Aug.1st 10pm
I'm in quarantine now at Sokha Hotel it's pretty good but beers are $5
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:18 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:02 pm
I'm in quarantine now at Sokha Hotel it's pretty good but beers are $5
hahha no way bro.. That's where the "incident" happened.. nice. Do they let you move around? how strict are they?
do you have to eat the food or can opt out?

about how many people were on your flight arriving into PP?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic