Miraculous Escape for Western Driver Hit by Semi-Trailer on National 4 Road

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Miraculous Escape for Western Driver Hit by Semi-Trailer on National 4 Road

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Kampong Speu): At 4:00 am on February 12, 2021 on National Road No. 4 at Chambok village, Samrong Tong District, a semi-trailer, with license plate Phnom Penh 4A-5074, was driving from west to east when it crashed into a white TUNDRA car, with license plate Phnom Penh 2AJ-7909, driven by a 45 year old foreign man staying in Phnom Penh, identified only as Thomas.
According to the reports, the semi-trailer was driving in the opposite direction, when it swerved across the road to the left, colliding with the other vehicle and crashing into a Wing shop.
The front of the Tundra car was totally smashed in, trapping the driver inside, but he miraculously escaped with his life, and then the police arrived on the scene to extract him and his passenger, a Cambodian woman, and to send them both to hospital for treatment.
The unidentified driver of the truck, who was unhurt, climbed out of his wrecked vehicle and ran away. Police are keeping the vehicles as evidence at the Samrong Tong District Police Inspectorate to build a case file for procedural action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Miraculous Escape for Western Driver Hit by Semi-Trailer on National 4 Road

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Oh Dear, 'tragic.
The two car passengers survived the horrific accident by a miracle
only to be sent to a local hospital.

RIP x 2
(probably)
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Thomas is one fortunate guy, good for him. But Road #4 at 4:00 am? Risk vs Reward?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Aaaand, that's why you don't travel on CNY.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Lucky_Man
Tourist

Post by Lucky_Man »

This is me! I survived! Ask me anything haha

Tom
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Lucky_Man wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:55 pm This is me! I survived! Ask me anything haha

Tom
Not only survived, but thrived! Ask you anything? OK, whats your favorite ice cream flavor?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Lucky_Man wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:55 pm This is me! I survived! Ask me anything haha

Tom
Glad you made it through that horrific crash.

What were the extent of your injuries and which hospitals were you treated in?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Tom
You’ll never be that lucky again Tom so be careful how you go.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

cambo swa wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:04 am Thomas is one fortunate guy, good for him. But Road #4 at 4:00 am? Risk vs Reward?
I'll take any trip to any part of Cambodia that involves a car and leave between 10pm and 3/4am. Cooler temperatures, less traffic, less motos. A few cattle big trucks and drunks ofc, but safer than daytime/early evening commutes.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Tom
You used all your luck for the year in one go. What's your first order of business to celebrate?
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic