BYRON CUNAN, 31Yo Filipino Teacher, Passes Away in Phnom Penh Hospital

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: BYRON CUNAN, 31Yo Filipino Teacher, Passes Away in Phnom Penh Hospital

Post by nerdlinger »

MichealXavier wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:06 am
nerdlinger wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:29 pm
MichealXavier wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:19 pm GMJS are you a stupid?
It says clearly he died of chronic pneumonia..
Who the hell told you it's covid?
Do you even know him?
Don't spread stupid rumours
There are plenty of things it could be for sure, but covid does seem the most likely. And even if it isn’t, there’s no need to take such an uncivil tone.
It's because I'm his friend I was with him until his last moment
So it's not covid like you are claiming
Get your facts straight before commenting on something
Sorry for your loss. I take it from this he was tested and it came back negative?
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:36 am Unless presented with evidence of your relationship I’m skeptical. Can you post the covid test results?
Given it’s his first post on CEO I’m inclined to believe him.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 am
GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:36 am Unless presented with evidence of your relationship I’m skeptical. Can you post the covid test results?
I thought it was someone (suspect in mind) making a fake account, either way RIP to the young man. Regardless of the cause, that age is far too young.
MichealXavier
Tourist

Post by MichealXavier »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 am
You guys are really amazing
Making assumptions without even knowing the truth
Do you think the hospital lied?
The embassy and police lied?
We are already in pain of losing a Friend and our colleague
And you guys are debating over if it's covid
Thank you
And I'm sorry I mentioned stupid in my post
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The hospitals are very much on guard for Covid-19. It is inconceivable that someone so young with a severe life threatening respiratory condition would not be tested. And if that came back as positive he would be in the Khmer Soviet hospital or another isolation unit, where all positives go, not left in Kema Hospital. And his friend would not have be allowed anywhere near him either.

It is highly likely that this is exactly what is reported - pneumonia. Quite how a 31 year old succumbs from that after 3 weeks in hospital is another question, 3 weeks is the time they should be walking out, fit and healthy.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends, this must be a truly shocking event.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

Anyone who wishes to do so can educate themselves on the PCR test and its inventor, who clearly stated that the test is useless for diagnostic purposes.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jeez, look at all the agita created just from GMJS-CEO being his usual smug, smart-assed self.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:14 am The hospitals are very much on guard for Covid-19. It is inconceivable that someone so young with a severe life threatening respiratory condition would not be tested. And if that came back as positive he would be in the Khmer Soviet hospital or another isolation unit, where all positives go, not left in Kema Hospital. And his friend would not have be allowed anywhere near him either.

My personal experience has been the exact opposite. More than a few of my students have gone to hospital with severe cough and fever only to be given an antibiotic and told they can go to school. When their fever has been detected at the gate, the school calls the parents to find out a covid test was not completed.
Still here, in country...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Ravensnest wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:13 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:14 am The hospitals are very much on guard for Covid-19. It is inconceivable that someone so young with a severe life threatening respiratory condition would not be tested. And if that came back as positive he would be in the Khmer Soviet hospital or another isolation unit, where all positives go, not left in Kema Hospital. And his friend would not have be allowed anywhere near him either.

My personal experience has been the exact opposite. More than a few of my students have gone to hospital with severe cough and fever only to be given an antibiotic and told they can go to school. When their fever has been detected at the gate, the school calls the parents to find out a covid test was not completed.
Doc67 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:14 am a severe life threatening respiratory condition
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Pneumonia is like in the top 4 of global killers, responsible for 7 to 10% of global deaths every year.

R. I. P to the young man
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic