Insulation/Soundproofing material?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Vexter46
Tourist
Brazil

Insulation/Soundproofing material?

Post by Vexter46 »

Would anyone happen to know where I can buy Rockwool insulation herein Phnom Penh ? I know there are a number of building supply stores , but I really know who stocks it. Any infirmatuon would be appreciated .
Thanks.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Insulation/Soundproofing material?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Mao Tse Tung, right before the Chinese embassy (across from Park Café) on the southern side have it. So do Pang Luongin Minivong (google it).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Vexter46
Tourist
Brazil

Post by Vexter46 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:38 am Mao Tse Tung, right before the Chinese embassy (across from Park Café) on the southern side have it. So do Pang Luongin Minivong (google it).
Thankyou 👍👍
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Are you sure you want rockwool and not polystyrene sheets? I would of thought the latter might be a better material.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

We used rockwool between ceiling and corrugated iron roof, definitely makes the room much quieter when raining.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:33 am We used rockwool between ceiling and corrugated iron roof, definitely makes the room much quieter when raining.
It's kind of pleasing, relaxing even to hear the rainfall upon the tin roof, something between a soft patter of large droplets or a heavy downpour that drowns out any other sound known to mankind, how I miss the tin roof I used to have. Now I live in a suburban Khmer apartment block, so happy the kids have returned to school, but when schools out, the kids turn into the noisiest little demons you have ever known, and being SE Asia there's no reprimanding by parents, only that of there small persuasion for them to play outside my door and not that of their own, how they enjoy their own relaxation at some others misery. Than there's the many parties of course, karaoke at the highest levels you would think not possible. Actually that's not all bad, being that the amount of performance are by professional folk singers, but the kids playing now turn up a notch or two to accommodate their voices. Bliss at 10pm you can hear a pin drop, or the street dogs outside, it's a no go area at that time for a white to take out the rubbish to the bin.
Yes how I miss the patter of rain on that tin roof. :bow:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic