shipping agent in Shianoukville

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

shipping agent in Shianoukville

Post by phuketrichard »

I am looking into sending my personal items, ( well, will be in gf's name to save customs cost)

I have a quote from Phuket to SHV but need an agent on the ground to clear customs there.
Import customs clearance at destination will be consignee‘s account and handle by receiver.
, Consignee must prepare local shiping agent at destiantion to do for all import customs
clearance process with Cambodia customs. and arrange pick up shipement at port- give us
broker shipping agent’s detials before pick up the shipment.
Has anyone used an agent and can recommend? Impost costs for personal used items? Books, clothes, misc stuff
less than 2 cbm

Thanks
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Re: shipping agent in Shianoukville

Post by orichá »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:12 pm I am looking into sending my personal items, ( well, will be in gf's name to save customs cost)

I have a quote from Phuket to SHV but need an agent on the ground to clear customs there.
Import customs clearance at destination will be consignee‘s account and handle by receiver.
, Consignee must prepare local shiping agent at destiantion to do for all import customs
clearance process with Cambodia customs. and arrange pick up shipement at port- give us
broker shipping agent’s detials before pick up the shipment.
Has anyone used an agent and can recommend? Impost costs for personal used items? Books, clothes, misc stuff
less than 2 cbm

Thanks
Richard, try this agent. I have no idea what they will charge to process receipt of personal items through the port. Exporting from Cambodia, brokerage fees can be as high as 1000 dollars...

Importing is a different ballgame, so you must inquire... the shipping agent will process the customs papers for a set fee and then charge you a lot to truck it where you want it to go... good luck. Everything on your end must be in order. You should ask the shipping company the exact document requirements for importing personal items at Sihanoukville port from whichever port in Thailand.

Another problem you may face is having to pay import duty on everything; even though you own it already, they may try to ding you from between five to 40% of the declared value, just because you are a foreigner, or things are slow and they want more money. Got no idea.

(BTW, all land shipping across borders is stopped temporarily as of last week... Even for fresh produce.... I can't believe it. Food was getting across up to now... this will ruin some farmers, and I hope that report wasn't true...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ECULINE WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS CO. LTD.
IOC Building,No 254, F4-R01, Monivong Blvd, S/K Boeung Riang,Khan Daun Penh.
M: +855 12236744 | D: +855 23 989559 ext: 110
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
F: +855 23 989550
www.ecuworldwide.com
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic