US Man, MATTHEW DAVID SAMPLE, in Major Meth Bust in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: US Man, MATTHEW DAVID SAMPLE, in Major Meth Bust in Phnom Penh

Post by BklynBoy »

atst wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:51 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:48 am
atst wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:24 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:52 pm Thanks for the update. I hope for Matt and his family he can get out soon.
Nice to feel sorry for the family, but he should do the time, most people caught dealing it's not thier first time.
I understand why you say that but I know him personally and feel differently about it.
Totally agree with you, did you have a quiet word to him about what he's doing or didn't you know.
I've spoken to a few friends about not carrying drugs or taking drugs over here, they laugh it off.
I wouldn't have anything to do with drugs here knowing where I might end up, while I'm here it's beer and whiskey only., Same as when in Thailand till they changed the laws
afew times yes i did. I even spoke with a mutual friend about him being more careful etc. From what I know, we both spoke to him at different times- not together. He seemed to understand and i didn't interpret his responses as him laughing it off, but here we are
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Khmu Nation wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:27 pm https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/w ... -addiction

That's the rat park experiment.

Again I am not saying drugs are great. They are anything but.

However to blame societies ills on drugs is erroneous. If anything its the other way round.

Prohibition has failed. Time to try something new.

Thanks for sharing this.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:43 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:27 pm https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/w ... -addiction

That's the rat park experiment.

Again I am not saying drugs are great. They are anything but.

However to blame societies ills on drugs is erroneous. If anything its the other way round.

Prohibition has failed. Time to try something new.
Try Singapore law for drug.

Thanks for sharing this.
Boredom is like a shroud
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Khmu Nation wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:07 pm
Random Dude wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:31 pm

I said that drugs (meth specifically) are harmful to society. And they are.
You are right, drugs are harmful to society. The point is that many people, myself included, feel prohibition makes them even more harmful. They aren't going away and they will never be eradicated. Also they are easily available in abundance everywhere - as well as used repsonsibly in moderation by millions. Plus it generates billions of $.

Time for a rethink.
As I said earlier in the thread, I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out - in response to another comment about them being harmless - I think the harm to society was being overlooked in the discussion. That really was my only point, I wasn't making any argument for or against the laws around drugs, and I'm not trying to get into any debates about the deep state or CIA.

This guy Matthew Sample... I don't know him and I'm not judging him, maybe he was just trying to provide for his family in difficult times, I don't know. Whatever the reason, he gambled and lost, and the consequences look like they could be severe. It's a hell of a life lesson. The laws - whatever we think about them - are what they are and his situation is what it is.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Random Dude wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:57 am

You are right, drugs are harmful to society. The point is that many people, myself included, feel prohibition makes them even more harmful. They aren't going away and they will never be eradicated. Also they are easily available in abundance everywhere - as well as used repsonsibly in moderation by millions. Plus it generates billions of $.

Time for a rethink.
As I said earlier in the thread, I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out - in response to another comment about them being harmless - I think the harm to society was being overlooked in the discussion. That really was my only point, I wasn't making any argument for or against the laws around drugs, and I'm not trying to get into any debates about the deep state or CIA.

This guy Matthew Sample... I don't know him and I'm not judging him, maybe he was just trying to provide for his family in difficult times, I don't know. Whatever the reason, he gambled and lost, and the consequences look like they could be severe. It's a hell of a life lesson. The laws - whatever we think about them - are what they are and his situation is what it is.
Well thought out random dude , I bet your mom called you sun 🌞
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:17 am
Random Dude wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:57 am

Time for a rethink.

Well thought out random dude , I bet your mom called you sun 🌞
Yep, I know you do, you said the same thing a week or so ago.

That's the beauty of drunk posting, you can drop the same one-line zingers again and again and you feel cleverer and cleverer each time.
MDB
Expatriate
Canada

Post by MDB »

Seems this topic is linked to the John James Green one.
Should they be merged?
Should we ask Sophia?
PaaSwaa
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by PaaSwaa »

MDB wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:02 am Seems this topic is linked to the John James Green one.
Should they be merged?
Should we ask Sophia?
How is it linked?
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

MDB wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:02 am Seems this topic is linked to the John James Green one.
Should they be merged?
Should we ask Sophia?
Nah, but you should be banned
MDB
Expatriate
Canada

Post by MDB »

Darkcel wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:51 pm
Should they be merged?
Should we ask Sophia?
Nah, but you should be banned
What do you know when your drawing flak?

- your over the target
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic