Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Post by Doc67 »

pissontheroof wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:41 am Is there any equivalent in siem reap ?
There is no SR branch of Harry's.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 am
pissontheroof wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:41 am Is there any equivalent in siem reap ?
There is no SR branch of Harry's.
Of course. , I,asked if anyone knows of any similar restaurant for that type of meals , looking for an alternative from burger king everyday .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pissontheroof wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:07 am Of course. , I,asked if anyone knows of any similar restaurant for that type of meals , looking for an alternative from burger king everyday .
:?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Of course. , I,asked if anyone knows of any similar restaurant for that type of meals , looking for an alternative from burger king everyday .
No KFC?
Pizza Hut?
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

May I suggest Vily's Cafe on Funky Street ...
It was called T Bar ...
Vily is an excellent cook trained by a very good Irish Chef.
She gets pies delivered...
But, the rest of the menu is house made.
Sunday roast was lamb last time I went.
It was superb.
Very small place...hard to find.
Still called T Bar on google map...
A lot of expats go there to eat....
If I was a bachelor and always ate out, I would go there a few times a week.
I had a Shephards pie there that was excellent.
Get a good meal with fresh vegetables and home cookin.
Not as fancy as Harry's...
She is a very nice lady...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Biffsm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:32 pm May I suggest Vily's Cafe on Funky Street ...
It was called T Bar ...
It was superb.
Why not open a new thread under getting your fill
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Biffsm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:32 pm May I suggest Vily's Cafe on Funky Street ...
It was called T Bar ...
It was superb.
It’s just a hole in the wall , very crowded , cramped and claustrophobic . No view etc. &
I wonder what the kitchen looks like I wish the “ happy “ place next door was annexed .
No other place I see advertised has meals with mash patotoes and wavy gravy
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Rossco180
Expatriate
France

Post by Rossco180 »

I got to say, that this is a bloody good feed!!

Wednesdays $6 Harry's HUGE Chicken Cordon Blue!! - Happy Hour 11am-7pm (75c Draft Beers, 3$ House Wine) - Open for breakfast from 9am every morning (Great Coffee, Deluxe Breakfast, Denver Omelette, Eggs Benedict, Bacon Egg Muffin and more) - Full Main menu is also available for delivery on nham24

Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

Yes Vily's is a very small place.
The guy was looking for an alternative to fucking burger king.
I do not recall ever enjoying the view from any burger king in the world I have eaten at.
You can go eat at one of the fancy places with a view of the demolition, green river and sit alone.
Vily is a very sharp and well trained gal.
I never promised the Cordon Bleu....
In a city the chinese have killed I find it very inspiring that this lady opened this place 6 months ago.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Marty wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:00 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:21 am Glad to see this. They have gained a decent customer - live in the same block and to say I overspend would be an understatement - because businesses that adapt accordingly during these times, need support, with the majority actually raising their prices. When queried, they remind me of the "Vid" and no customers etc. I say that's when you put the prices down to increase your market share, it is about volume now, you are catering to long-termers, blah blah. That doesn't seem to register with the answer, "but we have no money and can not afford..." Me: Everyone no money. Same same. Everyone help, keep price down, and the money available can keep moving around." Return: "You have money." Point: "For those that help others" Service: "How I can pay rent, pay girls, cooky?" Return:"First your rent should have been reduced, bills due are extended, and you are right; you can't pay without money, so you need to encourage people to give you some." "Can not with only 3 customers" Game over. Walked off court. She wins. "Never argue with (certain) people, as they will bring down you to their level and beat you with experience" - Probably someone like Winston Churchill.
Many places have closed because it's not worth it to open up and pay the staff and utilities when they have so few customers. If a place that normally survives by selling $1 beers at high volume decides to open but with higher prices because the volume is so low, we shouldn't give them a hard time about it.

Whether the rent is lowered is totally up to the landlord. Most leases have a fixed rental rate, not a percentage of sales, and the tenant owes the full amount unless the landlord graciously lowers the rent.
When I suggested she should have had her rent reduced, I wasn't guessing. The man, himself, said all rent should be reduced, in a public announcement a few months ago. It was in Cambodian and translated to me. It was a long speech and relevance was relayed. This part was particularly pointed out to me, as it affects me. Also leniency on bills. I don't need to tell you the worth of a lease, and these are exceptional times were laws can be scrapped and introduced at will, for efficient adaption. I should have provided a source but that is not what it was about. It was me trying to give her ideas how to attract cust., not scare off.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic